Illinois riders and everyone...... bike run

Kahunas

Registered
April 9-11 there is a moonshine run ironically in moonshine IL. :rofl:

Myself and a few of my friends and family will be attending this on the 10th
apparently its a big deal my friend just told me a couple of days ago and I wanted to see if anyone from the org was going ...apparently there will be lots of bikes from all over ....there's great food and well you get the point .....
anyone else heard of it ???or will you be attending also ....:poke:
alright let me know :beerchug:

p.s. there were over 1,000 bikes last year good time...yes...no

kahuna out:laugh::banghead:

Never heard of it, but here is a link to it. Moonshine has a population of 2! :rofl:
Judging from the pic it's not the typical Illinois H/D bike run though.

I might be there will some fellow org members, dr1300, gsxtacy,

still working out details, just talked to doyle about this earlier

ya my wife told me its a small town lol
friends said it was a blast tho lots o bikes and well women lol ...you ever heard of blessing of the bikes???

I would go but it's a freakin 5 hour ride to get there! And then....it's STILL Illinois!! :rofl: Not a road with more than 5 turns in a given mile to be found anywhere! :laugh:

ya my wife told me its a small town lol
friends said it was a blast tho lots o bikes and well women lol ...you ever heard of blessing of the bikes???
I've been to Blessing of the Bikes before, it's amazing to see all those bikes in one place......

I would go but it's a freakin 5 hour ride to get there! And then....it's STILL Illinois!! :rofl: Not a road with more than 5 turns in a given mile to be found anywhere! :laugh:
5 hours? You must ride like a gramma! I can be on your doorstep in 5 hours and moonshine is 2 hours closer to ya!

this is true i give you kudos for saying that i don't like are mole hills either but its what i have right now until summer :laugh:

I've been to Blessing of the Bikes before, it's amazing to see all those bikes in one place...... quote

ya i agree ..and this bike run has this burger place its supposedly really good this older lady sees how many burgers she can cook from 8 to 12:30
they stop at 12:30 sharp burger only heres a link 2010 - 6th Annual Moonshine Lunch Run - Home

Google maps shows it at 3:36, but I used to work in Newton IL and know I can make that in 2 hours in a truck.....

Its a good distance for us to, but sounds fun...

Oh and there is some very twistie roads in NorthWest Ill, up by Galena and the Wisconsin Boarder, you come to me and I will take you out for a day:beerchug::beerchug:

Google maps shows it at 3:36, but I used to work in Newton IL and know I can make that in 2 hours in a truck.....

I am in,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Oh and there is some very twistie roads in NorthWest Ill, up by Galena and the Wisconsin Boarder, you come to me and I will take you out for a day:beerchug::beerchug:

its a date ...i had no idea there were twisties there...cant wait to see it.

5 hours? You must ride like a gramma! I can be on your doorstep in 5 hours and moonshine is 2 hours closer to ya!

Ummm...no....I live in the NW part of IL, Moonshine is in the SE part of IL. Google maps shows 5+ hrs. That's at least 1 fuel stop, probably 2 for me to get there so 5hrs is about right. Can't speed on the IL Interstate system either. 72 is about the most it seems you can get away with in this state before a trooper decides it's your lucky day. Plus....I do have the fastest color so that's automatically a 2mph reduction in what they tolerate! :rofl:

We gotta get a group ride together and go to the Kettle for some real twisties!! :thumbsup:

Doyle is either sleeping or driving right now cause he would be all over this:laugh:

I think Kettle is in Wisconsin

hey jds- where you located at?

Back