IHRA Rules??

InfiniteReality

Registered
Anyone know them? Just curious what gear I need to have on/with me to run. I'm bringing my riding jacket, pants, gloves and just some leather work boots. Will this suffice for me to make some runs??

Depends how lax the track is on rules.

You need LEATHER jacket, gloves, boots and pants (if you trap higher than 125mph) but some tracks don't inforce the pants.  You also need a tether cord that attaches to your body in case you leave the bike.

Not to mention if you don't have the license anything faster than a 9.99 will get you kicked also.  Again it depends what the track is allowed since I've made many 9-second passes without a license to do so....  
wow.gif

Those are NHRA but IHRA should be pretty similar for bikes.

Good luck!  
all_coholic.gif

(Got-Busa? @ Oct. 17 2006,07:06) Depends how lax the track is on rules.

You need LEATHER jacket, gloves, boots and pants (if you trap higher than 125mph) but some tracks don't inforce the pants.  You also need a tether cord that attaches to your body in case you leave the bike.  

Not to mention if you don't have the license anything faster than a 9.99 will get you kicked also.  Again it depends what the track is allowed since I've made many 9-second passes without a license to do so....  
wow.gif

Those are NHRA but IHRA should be pretty similar for bikes.

Good luck!  
all_coholic.gif
Same thing down here at San Antonio Raceway...
Very relaxed rules. I have been running mid 9's and usually don't wear the Leather pants, only the Leather jacket, Leather gloves and boots.

Good luck and have a blast racing...

David

Thanks for the info!

I ran my old SV there before, but that was 3 years ago and I don't remember. I know I didn't have leather/ballastic pants, but seems I had to wear gloves and jacket. I'm assuming I just wore a leather/ballastic jacket and no one said anything. I'd assume IHRA would be a little more relaxed than NHRA...or at I hope so anyways!
smile.gif

Best I ran on the SV was 13.01 @ 98, couldn't hit 12s for crap. Coincidently while I was there running, some guy had a copper 99 busa and kept asking me if we could swap bikes for a few launches... I wasn't comfortable taking the busa but offered my SV to him. After the 3rd time of him asking, I finally took him up on his busa offer. My first ever ride on a busa was down a 1/4 mile strip, being extremely scared of launching it and running 11.3 @ 130. Speed was cool and all, but what amazed me about the busa was the comfort. From that day forward, I knew what my next bike would be.
super.gif

Just go to your track website and they should have a list of rules .

You will be expected to have leather or ballistic pants and jacket that actually zipper together by a zipper or a full one piece suit. If ballistic must have the armour. You will need leather gloves, leather boots covering your ankles, a full face aproved helmet with visor. You will also be required to have a body attached tether cord. This is basically for under 10.99 or over a certain speed of I think its 125 mph but not certain on the speed. If your in the 10's and quicker your very likely in the greater speed range. I was booted, and have the words right on tank mounted video after travelling 500 plus miles to race. It was shown to me in black and white so push the limits and enjoy a relaxing day as a spectator. The year before I was at the same track racing with a nylon jacket, jeans, running shoes, leather gloves and a really nice helmet all season. Someone decided to operate by the book and not much to argue about. Be prepared or be silent  
poke.gif
is my best advice. Every track is different but those rules apply to both NHRA and AHRA . This is for both bikes and sleds (snowmobiles)Ontario, Canada.

I got sidelined in Joliet for over the 120mph without leather pants in 99 or 2000.

On 11/11 I went and ran my bike. I had leather gloves, shoes, helmet, Icon SuperDuty pants, and JR jacket (I can't remember which one, but it's 1/2 leather and 1/2 ballastic). I made 8 or so passes and never heard a word. Best I ran was 10.43 @ 136. This strip isn't the strictest either, but that was a good thing for me.

Took the car out there the following week and they even let a bike and car run together. Didn't think that was allowed, or at least never seen it before. I know I wouldn't run my bike against a car.. ya never know!

Back