Ignorance of some people.

fast08busa

Professional Pilot kinda sorta
Registered
Thought you guys might laugh at this incident that happened to me last night.

So me and the wife go to dinner and we took the busa. We went to this local bar and grill and when we first got there we were the only bike there. Well we sat close to the bar and about the same time our food got to our table a group of harley riders come in. As we are eating this one particular gentlemen was spouting how fast his harley was and that no "piece of s**t jap bike could beat it". The wife looked at me and smiled and i started laughing...... out loud.

Well this gentlemen proceeds to look at me and approach my table and ask me what was so funny. I told him that his harley was nice but alot of "piece of s**t jap bikes" could beat him. He looked at me and called me a liar and I told him to put his money were his mouth was and I put a hundred dollar bill on the table. So we walk outside and I walk around the side of the building to the opposite parking lot and pulled the bike around. needless to say his ::11.

By the end of the night we ended up chatting about bikes and the guy even apologized to me for interrupting my dinner and bought me and the wife a drink which was nice. Nice guy he just needed an education.

What I don't understand is this: how is it that there are still people out there who think Harleys are the last word in performance. I mean, come on!

well harley people do spend the most money on their bikes.. i guess they think spending money to keep the bike running means its gonna be faster with the money they spend :rulez: money and chrome = super fast and faster

as a harley (and yamaha, btw) certified mechanic who grew up with them (harleys and harley riders)- i still dont get where these guys get off talkin crap 'bout the 'jap' bikes, or rice rockets, or whatever they wish to call the import motorbikes- they (harley riders) are proud that their brand hasn't made any major improvements in the last 30 years or so- whereas the 'jap' bikes do improve, well, almost every year! kinda backwards if you ask me...

Agreed, cool story.
I love riding Harley's. Its always fun to scrape off chrome in a shower of sparks from the footboards when you go past a 5 degree lean.

agreed, cool story.
I love riding harley's. Its always fun to scrape off chrome in a shower of sparks from the footboards when you go past a 5 degree lean.

Chrome.jpg

Chrome.jpg

Nice, very good story, i hope his friends were laughing at him too

You should try living in Milwaukee!
Last summer my wife and I went to the Harley Museum and I still had my M109R
We parked right up front, and this guy and his girl were coming out of the museum and getting on their bike. She couldn't keep her eyes off my bike. It was great. I heard her ask her "man" something, and I heard him mumble blah, blah, blah Suzuki, and she was like, oh, that's a nice bike. Hehehe... :whistle:
My 109 got more looks at a Harley dealership than customs. It was crazy! And mine was pretty much stock! Just lowered and misc accessories.
:beerchug:

Last edited:
Back