ignition fuse keeps blowing...help

sigmalegend

Registered
I have the limited edition Busa, keeps blowing the ignition fuse...anyone familiar with this?

just got word back from cycle shop, the aftermarket turn signals were the problem. The flash resistor is connected somehow to the kick stand resistor. When the flasher resistor grounds out it grounds out the kick stand resistor which in turns makes the bike think the kickstand is down...bike shuts down. $117.00 later
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|sigmalegend
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115802841 -->

what does your speedo indicate? If it's still under warranty, turn that baby in.

I dunno what it is, but a preliminary diagnosis (this is just a doctor's fancy way of saying: "I think this what it is") seems to point to either

grounding somewhere along the lines
electrical overload  OR
one fugged up ignition system

I dunno....try running a check though. Just my .02, bud...

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115729653 -->

What's the story? Hard to guess otherwise. The fuse gets blown - it's clearly a short. The question is where?

How did the problem appear?

I normally am riding and may get on it for a quick thrill and come to a stop and it just shuts down. The lights work but no noise from the fuel pump and nothing when I hit the start button.

Any weird smells when that happens? Def. sounds like a short in a wire somewhere.....changed or added any parts lately....had to move any wires to do that?

Its a short for sure... but hard to pinpoint what the problem is!! I suggest you take it to a dealership, or a mechanic
smile.gif

No smells or sounds, it all started after the integrated turn signal lights where installed (a month after). The shop thought that was the problem and took those off and no problem until now
rock.gif

Its back in the shop and they are looking at it today....just want it finally fixed and to be able to ride w/ out that worry.

just got word back from cycle shop, the aftermarket turn signals were the problem. The flash resistor is connected somehow to the kick stand resistor. When the flasher resistor grounds out it grounds out the kick stand resistor which in turns makes the bike think the kickstand is down...bike shuts down. $117.00 later
biggrin.gif

Well made it about 1 mile and guess what?
rock.gif
? DOWN AGAIN. Fuse blew again. May have to replace the resistor this time...Well the dealer will!

I have the limited edition Busa, keeps blowing the ignition fuse...anyone familiar with this?

just got word back from cycle shop, the aftermarket turn signals were the problem. The flash resistor is connected somehow to the kick stand resistor. When the flasher resistor grounds out it grounds out the kick stand resistor which in turns makes the bike think the kickstand is down...bike shuts down.  $117.00 later
biggrin.gif
glad the 'cycle shop' found the problem. not sure if your bike is under warranty but i doubt the stealer will fix it for free cause the bike has after market parts on it.

Back