ignition cut out @ 6000 rpm

it's the ignition......on odd occassions after the bike has been stopped,it starts as if the battery is drained,turns over very slowly.....reg/rectifier has been checked and i have a heavy duty battery fitted which is on a battery regulator when not in use

definately ignition....and sometimes after the bike has been run when it's restarted it turns over like the battery has lost its charge.....hit the button again and it starts normally

Okay bro I've seen the same post on many many websites. I have the exact cause and fix your problem. When that t happened to my bike I was freaking out because we tested everything from the fuel pressure regulation electronics I mean we went over bike up and down for a long time. but the problem is... drum roll please believe it or not is the tip over sensor. We changed it on my bike and I found that sweet 11000 RPM again I mentioned it to all the people that I saw on other websites and they're so glad to finally get the answer. Cuz some people took years trying to figure it out so I found out the hard way as well but I hope this is going to help you...

Okay bro I've seen the same post on many many websites. I have the exact cause and fix your problem. When that t happened to my bike I was freaking out because we tested everything from the fuel pressure regulation electronics I mean we went over bike up and down for a long time. but the problem is... drum roll please believe it or not is the tip over sensor. We changed it on my bike and I found that sweet 11000 RPM again I mentioned it to all the people that I saw on other websites and they're so glad to finally get the answer. Cuz some people took years trying to figure it out so I found out the hard way as well but I hope this is going to help you...
Great.... but I wonder if he’s still got the bike after 6 years lol

Great.... but I wonder if he’s still got the bike after 6 years lol
LOL I didn't even look at the postage date. Hopefully the guys that Google search this problem will find the answer here. What do you think about my answer . What do you think about my theory? She's not a theory cuz you've already proven incorrect what do you think

LOL I didn't even look at the postage date. Hopefully the guys that Google search this problem will find the answer here. What do you think about my answer . What do you think about my theory? She's not a theory cuz you've already proven incorrect what do you think
When trying to find the source of a running issue such as this one, it's really just a case of going through all the most obvious possible causes first and there is quite a list.
If it proves hard to track down it then becomes a process of elimination, I try to take a methodical approach rather than working on 'hunches', I mean it was great that you found the cause of the fault, but ya gotta remember, these symptoms (cutting out at 6K rpm) may not be caused by the same fault i.e the tip over sensor, may be another cause, who knows?
You can get lucky sometimes and solve the problem quickly and efficiently, other times it's a struggle.
I will say this . . . the more experience one has, the easier it becomes to spot common faults that crop up. For instance fuel pump related issues stick out like dog's balls once you have dealt with them repeatedly with different bikes . .remember, I work on bikes every day as a job so I say this from my own experience.
Same with ignition/spark related issues, but for a novice trying to diagnose faults. . . . it's the old 'needle in a haystack' routine.
Please don't think I'm wanting to rain on your parade, far from it, I applaud you for taking the time and having the determination to hunt this problem down!

When trying to find the source of a running issue such as this one, it's really just a case of going through all the most obvious possible causes first and there is quite a list.
If it proves hard to track down it then becomes a process of elimination, I try to take a methodical approach rather than working on 'hunches', I mean it was great that you found the cause of the fault, but ya gotta remember, these symptoms (cutting out at 6K rpm) may not be caused by the same fault i.e the tip over sensor, may be another cause, who knows?
You can get lucky sometimes and solve the problem quickly and efficiently, other times it's a struggle.
I will say this . . . the more experience one has, the easier it becomes to spot common faults that crop up. For instance fuel pump related issues stick out like dog's balls once you have dealt with them repeatedly with different bikes . .remember, I work on bikes every day as a job so I say this from my own experience.
Same with ignition/spark related issues, but for a novice trying to diagnose faults. . . . it's the old 'needle in a haystack' routine.
Please don't think I'm wanting to rain on your parade, far from it, I applaud you for taking the time and having the determination to hunt this problem down!
Yeah you're right and I appreciate your input. Just as you said, I've seen this issue on several websites guys pulling their hair out of their head everyone's done the same thing from electrical to fuel, but the tip over sensor. Why? no one would ever think to check that first it's the very last thing LOL. Why would that cause it we all don't know but it did seem to fix the problem. I took it to a friend who owns a shop Zed 1 racing, he left Canada so he's not in business anymore unfortunately, how he investigated that I'll never know.

Back