Ignition cover

what makes yours different other than off the shelf ones they made from 03 specs other than that your still using old style starter setup?the depth of where the top gear sets like the old style covers?

it would have been cheaper and more econmical to switch to the 03 up setup...the kickback feature in the new setup is why suzuki did it...the kickback you had flexed the shaft where you put case saver(Good Call it saved your rear) which caused the crack...since 2003 haven't heard of a single one doing that...

Cool Piece.....

I agree with you, it would have been a little cheaper to replace the starter gears with the newer ones. There were only two reasons why I didn't follow that route. Like you, I haven't heard of any failures but I didn't want to risk being the first. Secondly the replacement gear adds additional rotating mass. Since I'm motor only so I'm always looking at reducing rotating mass. My reasons may not have been the most cost conscious and perhaps with additional time I may have reassessed the varying solutions more thoroughly.

:beerchug:

why haven't you gone to an external and removable starter then if this is for racing applications? That would remove weight and rotational mass :poke::poke::poke:

I've thought about it but my wife being my entire "pit crew" isn't going to want to run around with a battery/starter cart :laugh: :beerchug:

why haven't you gone to an external and removable starter then if this is for racing applications? That would remove weight and rotational mass :poke::poke::poke:

Back