ignition advancer

da busa guy

Registered
dennis kirk makes an item called an ignition advancer it gives the ability to advance timing up to 4 degrees. since the Busa uses regular fuel, it seems that if you bump timing 4 degrees and use premium fuel,it seems you would get a good performance increase,especially at lower RPM. anyone installed one?

dennis kirk makes an item called an ignition advancer it gives the ability to advance timing up to 4 degrees. since the Busa uses regular fuel, it seems that if you bump timing 4 degrees and use premium fuel,it seems you would get a good performance increase,especially at lower RPM. anyone installed one?
gotta link? I would like to see this.
the PC3usb have a module that you can add to the PC and program advance and retard mapping just like the fuel map.

gotta link? I would like to see this.
the PC3usb have a module that you can add to the PC and program advance and retard mapping just like the fuel map.
HERE is a link to what he is talking about.

Hahahahahahahahahaha
yeah go ahead and buy one it will not fit on your bike nor any other bikes listed. what a scammer Dennis Kirk is.

Cheeseman, i had seen the PC igition module that goes with the PC3,i was looking for something a little simpler and cheaper till i get both my bikes paid off.(alimony and child support cut deeply into my income) is any of dennis Kirks stuff any good?

actually I did some checking and the pic they show is not what you get,
what you get is a rotor puller (better have an air impact) and an off set key.
the problem with this is advances the whole table. this is not good. busas do not like a whole bunch of timing in the upper RPMs

whew -remind me not to ask him anything-
rock.gif

I used one on an old Katana with good results, but I'd go with JC on this one where the Busa is concerned.

you want to be cheap and then spend 20 cents a gallon more for fuel.
this type of mentality cracks me up
well 20 cents extra a gallon at 30-40 mpgs it would take a hell of a long time to reach the price of a Power Comander compared to the ignition advancer. my mentality is to have the fastest and quickest bike i can for the least amount of money. i ain't too cheap as i have an 05 Busa, 05 GSXR 1000 and a 05 Jeep, but have a lot of money going out on payments, insurance, child support and alimony.

my experience is more with car modifications, . iv'e had several 5.0 mustangs they are set up from the factory to run on 87 octane fuel. if you advance timing 4 degrees you will have to use premium but the car is 2-3 tenths quicker in the 1/4 and generally fuel mileage will improve to offset the added cost of premium.

Back