If you knew you you were going to die

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
...doing what you love most, would you still do it?

It might be a year from now or 30 years from now, you don't know when but you know that it will sooner or later get the best of you. Would you put an end to your actions? Right away or would you chance it for a while?

There is a vast difference between Living your life and Existing....... Choosing to not enjoy life and living in fear from each and every action is choosing the latter :whistle:

It might be a year from now or 30 years from now, you don't know when but you know that it will sooner or later get the best of you. Would you put an end to your actions? Right away or would you chance it for a while?

I would BUT only if I had no one in my life cause the question than would be how many people will I be hurting in and with that process?

Suppose you are exploring / going to Mars...that has a hint of a one way trip...somebody will do it and I believe that there is a percent of the science community that would pay to be the first trip out...that one would not be for me...racing bikes is enough

I would rather die that way than any other. Everybody dies, nobody gets out alive. My fear is wilting away in a hospital bed leaving horrible final images in my loved ones minds. I want to go out as I lived, hard and fast. I have had such a life that if I died tomorrow, it would be with a smile on my face. Granted, I am 50yo and I have already done most of my bucket list a few times over. If I were younger with children that still needed raising it might be a different story.

I think it's all in perspective.... In 2007 when I crashed I almost met my maker at the age of 38 with an awesome wife and two young boys... I had to put a lot of thought into getting back on the bike because of my responsibilities, yeah I might go out the way I wanted but not when I wanted meaning that I too would prefer to leave this Earth at a 180mph but not leaving my family in need... Because of that crash my riding choices has changed drastically... Not knowing when you will die should have an impact on what you do with the time you have... I would rather die at the age of 70 and a long drawn out condition knowing I full filled me responsibilities as a father and husband than to leave on my own terms....

CAp

Struck a cord here!
I actually enjoy life, riding, hiking, breathing ….etc….etc.. I will not stop those actions because I do Know that I will die doing any number of those.
The only difference between us is this: I know my number and how many years I have left on this earth (granted I'm not hit by a bus or otherwise). Knowing this number allows me the freedom to enjoy every moment I have left and I will NEVER give up the things that make me feel alive till I can no longer physically do them!
What would you do with a life span if you knew your expiration date?
I know what I will do, and I'm doing it!

Back when I was racing my street cars I love it so much I would have been happy to die that way. Now 10 years later as long as I go and it's not painful I could care less. I would not like to know when it is going to happen. That has to be hard on someone to know they have less then 6 months to a year to live. If you are in decent health and can get around it might not be that bad but to just lay there and know your time is near is no way to go. Enjoy life as much as you can. Just be safe about it. A life in pain and not being able to enjoy it is really no way to live either. Trust me it is tough.

I've been doing it all my life and even though my mom said so I'm still not blind, nor has it killed me. :laugh:

Spend Much Time with Wife Family and Friends as I can !!! Talk a lot about God and Ride as Much as I can.................Never mind, Just keep Doing what I am Doing :)

Robert

Live every day as if it were your last..... Life is good but to die I don't dwel on. I know I made the best of my time and my family will be taken care of.

If I lived every day as it were my last my wallet would be a lot more empty than it is now!

I don't normally post but this topic hits home.

I'm only 22 years old and I have a daughter of 4. Every time I get ready to go on a ride I always find my self thinking about the what ifs. There have been times where I find myself considering giving up the sport but then I realize I love it too much. That doesn't mean I go 170+mph every time I go out however I am secure in the fact that if I were to pass today my loved ones would be able to continue on without me.

Here's the rub - If you give up doing what you love because you think you will die doing it, eventually, you will find something else to do that you will end up loving. Then you would have to give that up as well and on to the next thing. Again, you end up loving that..and so on, and so on...eventually, there will be nothing left to do so you might as well be dead anyway.

Do what you love. When its your time, go out with passion!

Back