If you have less than 8K miles on your Busa-

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
Just by seeing pics and reading posts I have gathered that there are quite a large number of Busa owners here that have very few miles on their bikes....some bikes are 2 and 3 years old and have less than 3000 miles on them!!

Ive only had my Busa a month and have put 2100 miles on it , by summers end I guarantee I will have at least 6K miles on it.

Yeah Ive gone on some 300 miles trips but only a few, alot of my miles have been done on local twisty roads.

Anyways I have 2100 miles in just over a months time and I feel like I just barely know the bike and I am just getting excited because I feel like as I ride more the more I am becoming one with the bike....however I am far from there yet. I think I will need at least 4000 more miles before I am where I want to be.

My question is this...how can you really say anything negative about the Busa if you dont even know the bike? Perhaps you are a faster learner that I am but even still I think it at least takes more than 3000 miles over 2-3 years to get to know the Busa!

I have read of some guys who are upgrading to 2005 1Ks yet they dont even have squat miles on their Busa....I say your making a mistake...the Busa has a steeper learning curve than some bikes but ive ridden it enough now that I know that if your willing to put in the miles the payoff could be huge.

I have read of some guys who are upgrading to 2005 1Ks yet they dont even have squat miles on their Busa....I say your making a mistake...the Busa has a steeper learning curve than some bikes but ive ridden it enough now that I know that if your willing to put in the miles the payoff could be huge. [/QUOTE]

...I'm one of those guys who is buying a K5! Not giving away the Busa... But still buying a K5. I dont think im making a mistake... and nither are are other guys who are buying their second bike or upgrading to another bike.

I mean common!! ...Most of us here are on motorcycles cause we love to ride them! Today we feel like riding the Busa ... tomorrow the K5, I dont see anything wrong in that! At least for me the objective is not to become a pro on one perticular bike!! I ride for fun... I ride for the hapiness that I get when the breeze hits my face & I ride for that occasional hard adranil pumping accelaration.

I have almost the same amount of miles that you have on your Busa in two months!! There is a fair bit about this machine that I have learnt... and there is a fair bit of learning still to do, so I dont think that would be a ball point for me to buy or not to buy another motorcycle!!

Motorcycling is an art. An art where you keep learing something new every time you ride, even if have a million miles of riding excperience

...So to sum it all up, if you have the dough & are ready to spend it... I suggest you also go in for a K5 as a stable mate for your Busa
wink.gif

I have read of some guys who are upgrading to 2005 1Ks yet they dont even have squat miles on their Busa....I say your making a mistake...the Busa has a steeper learning curve than some bikes but ive ridden it enough now that I know that if your willing to put in the miles the payoff could be huge.

...I'm one of those guys who is buying a K5! Not giving away the Busa... But still buying a K5. I dont think im making a mistake... and nither are are other guys who are buying their second bike or upgrading to another bike.

I mean common!! ...Most of us here are on motorcycles cause we love to ride them! Today we feel like riding the Busa ... tomorrow the K5, I dont see anything wrong in that! At least for me the objective is not to become a pro on one perticular bike!! I ride for fun... I ride for the hapiness that I get when the breeze hits my face & I ride for that occasional hard adranil pumping accelaration.

I have almost the same amount of miles that you have on your Busa in two months!! There is a fair bit about this machine that I have learnt... and there is a fair bit of learning still to do, so I dont think that would be a ball point for me to buy or not to buy another motorcycle!!

Motorcycling is an art. An art where you keep learing something new every time you ride, even if have a million miles of riding excperience

...So to sum it all up, if you have the dough & are ready to spend it... I suggest you also go in for a K5 as a stable mate for your Busa
wink.gif
[/QUOTE]
Well put......besides I like people getting rid of their busa's. Makes the rareity of the busa higher when people see mine on the road. hahaha

I have read of some guys who are upgrading to 2005 1Ks yet they dont even have squat miles on their Busa.
I wouldn't consider that an upgrade. Its a different bike for a differerent intended purpose.

As far as mileage goes I don't think you can put a "number" to it. My years of experence translate over to the Busa quite well. Was the Busa your first? 5000, 8000, 10000 in rural areas wouldn't be the same as someone who has 3000, 4000 miles playing tag in LA or Atlanta or Houston..
It's all different, If I put 1000 miles on mine say stricly at Hallet raceway can I handle my bike better than the 8000 miles you put on down the highway?

I ride for the hapiness that I get when the breeze hits my face & I ride for that occasional hard adranil pumping accelaration.
I think you missed his point, man. He's talking about those who ride the bike to work and back, put on 3000 miles in a year and a half, and decide the bike can't lean and handle so they trade it. The Busa will handle and wheelie and whatever right past any bike out there once you learn to ride it.

Oh-the wind in your face? I hope you're talking about leaving your helmet visor up a crack.

I agree strongly with Bentvalve and Deisel, I have 18000 miles on an 02, (bought new), and there is a big learning curve with this big of a bike. ANYONE can learn to lean or ride whellies on a liter bike, but you learn to do those things on the BEAST, and then you,ve done something.
wink.gif

One's ablility to be considered an expert isn't based upon miles, but more of his skills. For me I have had the biggest and baddest bikes that production lines have put out these past 3 decades. To be able to ride the Busa it has been the contributions of these other bike that has made me what I consider a Pro rider not the bike, but I will say this I have learned that I can never tame the Hayabusa only ride her...
idea.gif

Well for one thing I don't think there is an expert motorcycle rider out there. There are really good riders but no one is the master of a bike. I don't care if you have 30 years of riding and a BAZILLION miles. The minute you get that cocky on a motorcycle it will kill you. But you have a point. You can't unleash this bikes true potential until you give it some time and get familiar with it. I can't say what is for everyone but around 5,000 miles on mine I started getting really comfortable but everyone has a different learning curve. The Busa was also my first bike so it took me a little while to get over it's intimidation. But like I said man if people wanna bail on the Busa let em. I just look at it like whatever floats there boat. I just know the Busa floats my boat at 200 MPH and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I've been riding for almost 15 years. I've put 22,000 miles on my '04 busa in just over a year. I'm still nowhere near the level I want to ride.

I generally will learn something about the bike each day I'm riding.

Ride safe !!!

Oh-the wind in your face? I hope you're talking about leaving your helmet visor up a crack. [/QUOTE]

Yup.. thats what I'm talking bro!!
biggrin.gif

I would love to be able to put more miles on mine, it's just very tough finding the time to ride. When I do go out though, I just enjoy it and ride as long as I want to.
smile.gif

so.. a bike before the busa, 34k miles, weighs more than the bus...

now I got a busa that is 3yrs old in June, 8300 miles, first 4k was on the street and last 4300 was on the track....

I am gonna say miles is not a determining factor in expert or not.

so.. a bike before the busa, 34k miles, weighs more than the bus...

now I got a busa that is 3yrs old in June, 8300 miles, first 4k was on the street and last 4300 was on the track....

I am gonna say miles is not a determining factor in expert or not.
Well wouldn't you agree that at least milage could be at least a requirement? ...though its entirely possible a guy may have 20K miles on his Busa and still cannot ride it worth a snot because he has not pushed himself or the bike to advance his riding skills.

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115625614 -->

B.V. .... I think yer on the right track, ,, .... the only thing that comes to mind regarding the inexperienced rider you describe... is.. a squid.

and that brings me to try and find the ooooooooold thread about squids.

cool.gif

I have read of some guys who are upgrading to 2005 1Ks yet they dont even have squat miles on their Busa.
I wouldn't consider that an upgrade. Its a different bike for a differerent intended purpose.

As far as mileage goes I don't think you can put a "number" to it. My years of experence translate over to the Busa quite well. Was the Busa your first? 5000, 8000, 10000 in rural areas wouldn't be the same as someone who has 3000, 4000 miles playing tag in LA or Atlanta or Houston..
It's all different, If I put 1000 miles on mine say stricly at Hallet raceway can I handle my bike better than the 8000 miles you put on down the highway?
I agree that the guy who puts 1000 miles on at the track is going to be more skill then the guy who puts 8K down on the highway.

But I dont agree about rual vs "playing tag in LA..." are not the same...the rual roads in my area are more track like then playing tag in LA is. How may corners can you take @ 60mph in LA ?
biggrin.gif

I learned more about riding my busa the day that I dropped it than I did in the first 20,000 miles:;):

I think its more about riding safe and smart than how many miles you have or your ability to do wheelies. Respect your bike, wear your gear and ride on the street like your invisible - no matter what it is - even a 250 can get you in trouble if you get cocky.

I myself will never see the full potential of the Busa or any other bike on the street. I will save that kind of riding for the track or dragstrip....

<!--EDIT|macbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115630825 -->

Back