If you have been wanting a Carbon Helmet.....

Wow, thats a really good price. Wish I had the cash. I have always wondered if the lighter a helmet is, does it buffet more than a heavier helmet?

THe cheek pads are horrible they fit way too tight (on my head). They make me have a "pucker face" that is really annoying.

It costs more for the carbon fiber than those helmets cost. So where do they skimp? The comfort. No thanks. I'm quite happy with my very comfy Arai.

I actually bought one of those helmets last fall. It is quite comfortable. The store I bought it from had ordered quite a few of them because the price had been greatly reduced. Call George, the owner, or the new parts guy at Lawton Motor Sports and tell them Underwood sent you. If nothing else you can try one on and see how it fits. No issues with buffeting at speeds up to 80+(LOL) 580-581-1600.

i just bought the copper version...so we will see...i read a review that the helmet is actually produced by hjc anyways

so i finally got my new lid in last night.....went out riding...up to like 110 it felt great.. i didn't go faster than that as it wasn't neccesarry..but it feels good on the highway very little neck fatigue after an hour of riding...only complaint is it seems like i get a lot of air in the eyes...but it seems more like its coming from the chin area and not so much the visor....

i would def. reccomend this helmet for the price... :thumbsup:

I bought one of these to wear at the track, my Shoei is more comfortable, but I cannot see out of it when I am down on the tank.

Plus I figured if someone ganked it at the track, I would not be as pissed if it were a $150 dollar helmet.

I like it, it does the job. I do not like that it does not have a tab of fabric on the D ring to help when fastening the strap, but I like the retention for the strap better than my Shoei. Only other downside is that the shield only has three positions. Wide open, edge of visor in my line of sight, and almost closed.......

DSC01973.jpg

DSC01968.jpg

DSC01969.jpg

And it comes with a hell of a lot nicer bag than my Shoei!
DSC01967.jpg

Worth the $$ IMO. No buffeting and when you turn your head at speed, it does not try to pull your head off. As nice a my Shoei x11?? No, but it was $400 cheaper:thumbsup:

I don't think that the shade of copper will match my bike, but I might pick one up for the price. Nice for some nighttime rides.

i picked one of those up a little while ago, threw some skullcandy helmet speakers in there too. good helmet. i still want to try the new arai street helmet, but for the price, i don't think you can really beat this one. it's a lot more comfy than my old hjc

Got mine in today, wore it for about 30 minutes on the highway.

The good:
  1. It's lightweight.
  2. I can't really feel air from the vents, but I did notice that somehow, the air inside the helmet was several degrees colder than outside. (about 100F outside today)
  3. The padding is nice. I personally think it's comfortable enough, relative to the price.
  4. Snaps shut with pretty much no chance of the visor coming up during a ride.
  5. Doesn't pull my head at speed.
  6. Sweet bag, with pockets for random stuff you may need.
  7. Was only $152 shipped.
  8. Matches my Busa. (somewhat, pics below)

Not good:
  1. The plastic "vents" seem cheap. They will likely break off if I bump into something or drop the shell.
  2. LOUD at highway speeds. (even with vents closed) I've just started wearing ear plugs though so this is not a huge deal to me but if you want a quiet helmet without plugs, this is not the one.
  3. Visor open position (as stated earlier). I sometimes ride with glasses or sunglasses, and just want some fresh air in the helmet. This one only allows halfway open, impairing the view, or all the way open. (It will open about 1cm at stop but the wind immediately closes it at speed.) My other helmets will stay open at about 1in, perfect to keep out hazards but enough to rush air in or remove fog in the winter.
  4. Not much direct air from the vents.

Overall, a great ride helmet. Trackdays will be my Shoei because I definitely don't want to wreck in this thing, but worth every bit of $150.

Here is a pic to contrast for those of you with Copper Hayabusas. The match is...acceptable, given that NO helmet other than black matches our bikes. It matches better in sunlight, and I'm sure with a rider and leathers between the helmet and the bike, it will look closer to a match:

DSCN0522.jpg

Last edited:
Also, as seen in the reflection, I will give the manufacturer a pass on the lack of an upper ventilation since system, given my fro, I wouldn't feel ventilation if it were there. :laugh:

I have the JR Carbon helmet in black (gray)! It's a decent helmet, as stated, but it's not my first choice when I go riding! It needs a chin curtain, BAD! I just haven't gotten around to get one! Or switch one from my many other helmets that have removable chin curtains! This WILL NOT be a good cold weather helmet, as too much air rushes up from that area! UGH

Back