~~if you had to choose~~

~~if you had to choose~~ - Wheels or trailer?

• New Custom wheels.

Votes: 57 100.0%
  • New Wells Cargo V nose trailer. (6by10)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
One or the other?  Poppycock!  Buy one and start saving for the other.  Trailer is great but it's not gonna pay off right away (by the looks of what I've read).  Get the wheels and start saving for the trailer, rent or borrow until you can buy.
rock.gif
?? I meant at the moment. I'll have both eventually.

hogger...

I would go for a trailer.. I have a trailer now. but I would stilll go for an enclosed trailer vice wheels..

Here look at it this way.. you currently have wheels on the Busa, so you can still ride.. getting a trailer is not going to prevent you from riding, it will only prolong adding bling to your bike. but you can still ride.. but with a trailer you have so much more flexability when travleing.

I would say for me there would not be any question. trailer first, then custom wheels

Trailer. Once you have one, you will find a ton of uses for it other than hauling the bike. I have two, not enclosed, one is for the bike, atvs and the mower. The other is bigger, used for hauling tractor.

I would go with a trailer, but don't limit yourself to a wells-cargo - you may find others (i.e. Cargo Star) who have decent trailers at a good price.. that way, you save some money towards new wheels....

After doing the ride to and from the bash(995 miles each way) I would vote trailer. Not that long rides are all that bad on the busa but for the most part boring as hell and usually make better time with less stops in a truck. Plus once you figure in all the time you going to ride where ever you go it adds up.
Plus just in case you wreck while having fun or something breaks down you got tools and stuff with you. Also much easier for track day if bike already prepared before you leasve the house.

I rented a Wells Cargo trailer for the busa bash. I have always had an open trailer for the bike, but as soon as the budget will stand it I'm getting an enclosed trailer. In addition to hauling three busas, we had all of our stands, tools, generator,compressor and maint. supplies with us, protected from the weather. It was real nice. A trailer never seems to loose much of it's value, and in my opinion, a much better investment.

One or the other?  Poppycock!  Buy one and start saving for the other.  Trailer is great but it's not gonna pay off right away (by the looks of what I've read).  Get the wheels and start saving for the trailer, rent or borrow until you can buy.
+1 thinking the same thing...
biggrin.gif

Hogger, you know the right move deep down inside right? I say a new set off BST's will do ya right! You can take the bargain route and get a set of Marvics like me. Hard Racing is having a sale.

bst.jpg

Hogger, you know the right move deep down inside right? I say a new set off BST's will do ya right! You can take the bargain route and get a set of Marvics like me. Hard Racing is having a sale.
I was wondering when you were going to jump in here?  
bowdown.gif

I would not go with CF wheels for one reason. Although there are several shops with up to date mounting equipment..there are still Bozo's working them.

With that said I would go with Gale Speed (gun metal of course) or Marvic. Cheap you say? Yeah..right.

At the present time I don't even have a vehicle that could pull a trailer comfortably.

Hmmm...what to do? Just wait I guess.

Send me the link to the big sale grab.

hogger...

<!--EDIT|hogger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147651105 -->

wheel_body_type_c_2.jpg

Hogger you mentioned getting a pick up. No need for a trailer. You can get the Busa around on the truck. Or get one of those scary looking hitch lifts to tote the Busa around.

Aftermarket wheels are nice, but the trailer is much more useful. For what wheels will cost you can go with a nice enclosed. I wouldn't trade mine for a set of wheels.

Back