If ya hear about a busa gett'in smoke by an r1?...

Now I'm confussed about who's the "Squid" here? A guy racing to mid tripple digits in traffic or the guy doing a wheelie at 70 mph. I'm confussed because just a few days ago there were many of us calling a guy who crashed while doing a wheelie all sorts of "Squid" names including Stupid, F. Idiot, Clown along with a few other choice adjectives.

Just square me up on where "Squid" stops and "Ataboy Jinks" starts?

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?? It's probably a duck!

Confussed?
rock.gif
tuf...I think it falls under the classification of....

"knowing exactly when and where to draw the line"

sorry you had to ask.
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

btw...you were right about the Pilot Powers "Feeling Squirmy When Pushed Real Hard"...just got onto some dunlop qualifiers..real stiff sidewalls...and whadda dif.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

PS...oh...almost forgot..."QUACK! QUACK!"
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148141600 -->

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

laugh.gif

tounge.gif

rolling along in 6th at 90 mph and doing the glance over to a liter bike rider = getting your old ass spanked LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! GO SIT ON THE PORCH!!!

Right now in Cali police are looking for this one dude who got away from a drag race for murder. Yep the other guy crashed and died.

not worth it.

I've been smoked by an R1 LE and it wasn't pretty. Of course it was at the track by a rider named Mark Hill: an instructor at trackdaz.com.

It's ok to admit that you got beat esp by one of the new crop of liters. They have just as much rwhp as the busa and are at least 100lbs lighter. That's not to say the Busa can't hang though.  
biggrin.gif
R 1 LE
drooling3.gif

rolling along in 6th at  90 mph and doing the glance over to a liter bike rider = getting your old ass spanked LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! GO SIT ON THE PORCH!!!
ummm..your profile has you pegged at 44 years old...born in '62....i'm 47 and born in '58...would you like to pull up a chair and tell me all the wonderous stories of how you never been spanked by squids in thick traffic quickly pulling up alongside and get'in the drop on ya?..

welcome to the porch.
laugh.gif

Jinkster, hmm we both had R1 experience this week.

I usually don't play the who's faster game, but the other night on my way to meet up with some friends for Mai Fest..I was just crusining along when a nice little R1 can bee seen in my mirrors making tracks on me. Well he slows down, and paces me...I had already down shifted to 3rd from 5th and cruised with him for about 30 seconds at about 70 mph.

Not sure what gear he was in, because I couldn't hear him over my bike & some Bach I was playing on the mp3 player
cool.gif

Anyhow, I seen him playing the throttle game back and forth, so when I seen a little get-up and go from this guy, I Down Shifted into second, and gave Gretchen a little slip of the clutch and off we went. Ok, first off kids, don't try slipping the clutch in 2nd gear at about 80 mph if ya havent done it before...lol. Well to make a short story even shorter, Gretchen did her dance, and when I was ready to shift from 4th to 5th gear, I looked wayyyy back to see Mr. R1 not having much fun. It felt good, like I said I don't usually play that game...but the motor on the Busa sounded so nice with the Bach playing in the background. So Mr. Back, this Spatlase is for you
cool.gif

Edit: Ohh, and yes I've been spanked plenty of times by squids in traffic...I like to decide when to play the game, and if I get so-called spanked, than so be it.

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148272134 -->

cool.gif

well, first I didn't know what the squid means...as I stick around more and longer, now I know what that means...generally, if you know, when to play or when not to play...you not a squid...and of course, there is a dress code goes with it...
biggrin.gif

Now I'm confussed about who's the "Squid" here? A guy racing to mid tripple digits in traffic or the guy doing a wheelie at 70 mph. I'm confussed because just a few days ago there were many of us calling a guy who crashed while doing a wheelie all sorts of "Squid" names including Stupid, F. Idiot, Clown along with a few other choice adjectives.

Just square me up on where "Squid" stops and "Ataboy Jinks" starts?

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?? It's probably a duck!

Confussed?
rock.gif
tuf...I think it falls under the classification of....

"knowing exactly when and where to draw the line"

sorry you had to ask.
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

btw...you were right about the Pilot Powers "Feeling Squirmy When Pushed Real Hard"...just got onto some dunlop qualifiers..real stiff sidewalls...and whadda dif.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

PS...oh...almost forgot..."QUACK! QUACK!"
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
Hey Jinks, I'm glad you got educated on Pilot Powers. When I have a gut tell me they don't squirm under hard braking, I'm thinking he don't brake very hard. Good tire but there are better ones out there.

I'm going to try a set of Dunlops soon. I've been running the Pirelli Super Dragons and going through a set a month. However, I don't think I have ever been on a better tire. They do handle nice with great feel and unbelieveable stick.

I was just poking fun at you about the squid thing. I think you make pretty good decisions out there as you have lived to become an old man according to a few on here
biggrin.gif

However, it does bother me when some of the gents on here think it's funny when some guy crashes while riding on one wheel. I spend a great deal of time on one tire and I know it's hard for some to believe but I feel in total control while up on one.

Let us know what your opinion of the Qualifiers are after you've worn a set out?

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

laugh.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

will do tuf and...ya might wanna check out the new thread i'm putting up moments from now..."Q's VS PP's"...you'll be rating "Notable Mention" in that one!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
biggrin.gif

rolling along in 6th at  90 mph and doing the glance over to a liter bike rider = getting your old ass spanked LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! GO SIT ON THE PORCH!!!
ummm..your profile has you pegged at 44 years old...born in '62....i'm 47 and born in '58...would you like to pull up a chair and tell me all the wonderous stories of how you never been spanked by squids in thick traffic quickly pulling up alongside and get'in the drop on ya?..

welcome to the porch.
laugh.gif
no fair looking at profiles... im getting old, but at least i keep the rpms up over 5k at cruising speed.lol and yes i get a pretty good view from the porch.where i live its the corners that get ya when ya arent paying attention.not the squids.

no fair looking at profiles... im getting old, but at least i keep the rpms up over 5k at cruising speed.lol and ...
Cruising on the interstate @ 90mph in 6th only sweeps 4,750 or so on the tach of my stock sprocketed busa...so...please excuse me for not keeping my revs up over 5K on my way home from work!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill...oh and...PS..you don't by chance own an R1?..

do you?
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

I'd have let him go too and I'm only 23 so don't think it's an old man thing....I wanna live to tell stories on my porch haha.

Back