If ya hear about a busa gett'in smoke by an r1?...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
that would be me...heading home from work tonight...I-95....clogged with coming home from work traffic...I'm jus mosying home at a respectable 90..R1 rider quickly pulls up next to me...we glance over at each other and "it's on"...but he was already a step ahead of me as I ihear his bike instantly doing the redline howl as I simultaneously watched him slightly pulling me realizing this guy musta knocked it down to 3rd/4th before we banged heads...the good news is...I was just rolling on in 6th and he was "Barely" pulling me...there was a break in the traffic but we ate up that "Hole" during the 15-20 second long event..again we got side by side and I figured cool..we'll just ride together...but glory boy did it again..playing checkers with the cages in the mid triple digits...and that's where I drew the line..fug that....and 10 years ago I'd of felt like a punk...but today?..I think...well?..I made it home...not to sure about glory boy though...but it sure felt weird gett'in diced on my busa by a dude on an R1 in shorts.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill
cool.gif

I wouldn't say that was getting smoked, more like trying to get suckered in. You know when it's time to get it on and that obviously wasn't the time or place. It's too easy to get pulled into something stupid at the wrong time by some other maniac on a bike or in a cage, and I have to keep reminding myself that it aint cool (most of the time...).
laugh.gif

I wouldn't say that was getting smoked, more like trying to get suckered in.  You know when it's time to get it on and that obviously wasn't the time or place. It's too easy to get pulled into something stupid at the wrong time by some other maniac on a bike or in a cage, and I have to keep reminding myself that it aint cool (most of the time...).  
laugh.gif
yet your signature says "when in doubt gas it"
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
??
poke.gif

rock.gif

I wouldn't say that was getting smoked, more like trying to get suckered in.  You know when it's time to get it on and that obviously wasn't the time or place. It's too easy to get pulled into something stupid at the wrong time by some other maniac on a bike or in a cage, and I have to keep reminding myself that it aint cool (most of the time...).  
laugh.gif
yet your signature says "when in doubt gas it"
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
??  
poke.gif
Yeah I know. I'm obviously conflicted!
crazy.gif

rock.gif

That happened to me tonight with a kid on a Yamaha 600. I just looked at him and laughed. Then he raced to the next stop light and had to brake hard for a car pulling out in front of him. I caught up with him at the light and told him there is a time and place for everything. And on one of Omaha's buisiest streets isn't the place.

<!--EDIT|memorex
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148098372 -->

That happened to me tonight with a kid on a Yamaha 600.  I just looked at him and laughed.  Then he raced to the next stop light and had to brake hard for a car pulling out in front of him.  I caught up with him at the light and told him there is a time and place for everything.  And on one of Omaha's buisiest streets isn't the place.
omaha has a busy street?

between , Yamaha will release a new generation R1 on coming autumn , some people saying this new chasis will be one of the best in it's class (1000cc) .

i'm feelin ya Jinkster- goin home last night on familiar freeway, pull up next to some guy on a CBR 1000RR in full gear- he eyes me up, then hunkers down and takes off...i drop a gear to keep up, then coming on 150 i see he starts to slow, so I brake hard to not fly by....and as we come over hill I see johnny law at the bottom playin laser-tag. Didn't get either of us, but if i woulda been in whoop-a$$ mode, that coulda cost me dearly. Play it safe, cuz when u get sloppy-The Man is always there to point out your mistakes...and charge you a hefty fee for them.:cool:

haha.. its ok. i lost against my freind with his '04 R6. but he was in 2nd and i was in 6th and we went from a 60 roll
blush.gif

that would be me...heading home from work tonight...I-95....clogged with coming home from work traffic...I'm jus mosying home at a respectable 90..R1 rider quickly pulls up next to me...we glance over at each other and "it's on"...but he was already a step ahead of me as I ihear his bike instantly doing the redline howl as I simultaneously watched him slightly pulling me realizing this guy musta knocked it down to 3rd/4th before we banged heads...the good news is...I was just rolling on in 6th and he was "Barely" pulling me...there was a break in the traffic but we ate up that "Hole" during the 15-20 second long event..again we got side by side and I figured cool..we'll just ride together...but glory boy did it again..playing checkers with the cages in the mid triple digits...and that's where I drew the line..fug that....and 10 years ago I'd of felt like a punk...but today?..I think...well?..I made it home...not to sure about glory boy though...but it sure felt weird gett'in diced on my busa by a dude on an R1 in shorts.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill
cool.gif
Good job!

I've been smoked by an R1 LE and it wasn't pretty. Of course it was at the track by a rider named Mark Hill: an instructor at trackdaz.com.

It's ok to admit that you got beat esp by one of the new crop of liters. They have just as much rwhp as the busa and are at least 100lbs lighter. That's not to say the Busa can't hang though.
biggrin.gif

Now I'm confussed about who's the "Squid" here? A guy racing to mid tripple digits in traffic or the guy doing a wheelie at 70 mph. I'm confussed because just a few days ago there were many of us calling a guy who crashed while doing a wheelie all sorts of "Squid" names including Stupid, F. Idiot, Clown along with a few other choice adjectives.

Just square me up on where "Squid" stops and "Ataboy Jinks" starts?

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?? It's probably a duck!

Confussed?
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

I think there are some old posts discussing what makes a squid. In short, no helmet, no leathers, t-shirt, shorts/pants, tennis shoes, prefers one wheel vs. two on everyday streets and weaves in, out and around traffic with total disregard for speed and others on the road. Typically in the teen to twenty something range and think they are invincible..

Back