If my Busa breaks, will a different shop fix it??

Outerlimits

Registered
I found the Busa i want, but everyone has told me to stay clear of them. A few said just buy the bike for the great deal, but never go back to them for service or anything. Can i buy it at one dealer, and have it serviced at another or does that sort of thing cause a problem?

I found the Busa i want, but everyone has told me to stay clear of them.  A few said just buy the bike for the great deal, but never go back to them for service or anything.  Can i buy it at one dealer, and have it serviced at another or does that sort of thing cause a problem?
You can have it serviced anywhere. For Warranty work though, it may have to an authorized Suzuki dealer. If you have more than one in town you are in great shape. Any Suzuki Dealer can perform warranty repairs.

It's a good idea to start taking your bike into wherever you want to have the work done for little things like your initial service, oil changes, tires, etc. Establish some face time, get friendly, that way if your Busa craps the bed, they are more likely to want to take care of you and they may be more willing to perform warranty work without grousing about TRE's, PCIII's, Aftermarket Pipes, etc...

Just a thought...

I used to take my old Canned Tunna to the local Honda Shop for service because they were just a whole lot more confidence inspiring and friendly, never had a problem.

Bought my bike 100 miles away from home because they offered the best deal, but i get my work done at a different dealer about 45 miles away. Basically I bypass the dealership intown, because they gave me the creeps everytime i went in, and they acted like they were doing ME a favor for being there to sell me a bike or to service my bike.

Bought my bike 100 miles away from home because they offered the best deal, but i get my work done at a different dealer about 45 miles away. Basically I bypass the dealership intown, because they gave me the creeps everytime i went in, and they acted like they were doing ME a favor for being there to sell me a bike or to service my bike.
dezzy you just described in a nutshell every damn bike dealership I have ever been in...

I always get the impression, the feeling of "Oh hell what else do you want" kinda vibe.  Sux, total "oh were much better informed and so much cooler than YOU after all WE work at a Bike shop!!!"  They remind of the little retail idiots behind the counter at like Saks, or Nieman Marcus, acting like they are principle interest holders or some sh*t.  Clinging to the illusion they have made something out of themselves and using the term "I work in retail" or "I work in sales".  So does the guy at 7-11, and he gives me smokes with a smile....Go figure...  

Although having to deal with a bunch of little idiots runnin around with their freakin Coach or LV bags acting like they're the shiznit while loading their asses into a freakin busted ass old Mustang or POS Accord...I dunno I suppose I could get fed up with it working at one of these places...

Although Mall watching has become a little bit of a hobby, go to your local upscale Mall and just watch the pathetic parade of desperate Dipsh*ts trying to impress...I dunno who, with their flea market purchased "Designer" labels and their lil noses in the Air...Good Stuff...  My Bro calls me the Assassin cause I dig on just hanging out and verbaly Assassinating the poor clueless minions of a consumer culture......

WHOA...SOrry bout that a little, LITTLE, off topic....It's all in fun though, most of the time...and yeah I am just as hard on myself...going and buying $150 Oakley's is the same kind of consumer masterbation and I am guilty of it....Don't ask about watches though ok?  

Oh Yeah, Bike shops frequently give me the heebie's...I am not worthy...I like to go to the Big Dog dealer here in Tampa on Florida Ave...I like to walk in, sit on and fingerprint the hell outta the bikes, sigh "Nah to Ugly"...and leave....Gotta have hobbies...

Revlis....I'm shocked! Did someone pee in your cheerios recently? As therapy you should paint the busa all white....."the happiest color".

I know you're joking but you sounded out of character a bit.

BTW....there is a theory I have that backs up your contention about black being the fastest color....It is true and we can prove it with thermodynamics and aerodynamics. You see Mr. Revlis, black aborbs all colors of light (none are reflected thus you see "dark or black"---elementary physics). Hence the surface structures get very very hot on black objects like fairings, gas tanks, etc...this heat at the surface radiates back outward (thus hot to the touch) and creates a very very small mini vacuum around the surface much like the leading edge of an aircraft wing (this vacuum creates lift and this is how 747s take off and fly). With a busa, the vacuum decreases drag and increases airflow across the monster. Thus black really is the fastest color. Silver, blue, and red all absorb much less and generate less surface heat. Hence the mini vacuum at the surface is less and drag is increased slowing the bike somewhat. As for the orange anniversary edition....and the old copper busas.....slowest colors a harley will beat them....Until we get a white busa...which would be slower than a Gold Wing. If we only had the Jet propulsion Lab Wind Tunnels at Cal Tech you could prove your claim of Black SEs being the FASTEST COLOR.

Revlis....I'm shocked!    Did someone pee in your cheerios recently?  As therapy you should paint the busa all white....."the happiest color".  

I know you're joking but you sounded out of character a bit.

BTW....there is a theory I have that backs up your contention about black being the fastest color....It is true and we can prove it with thermodynamics and aerodynamics.  You see Mr. Revlis,  black aborbs all colors of light (none are reflected thus you see "dark or black"---elementary physics).  Hence the surface structures get very very hot on black objects like fairings, gas tanks, etc...this heat at the surface radiates back outward (thus hot to the touch) and creates a very very small mini vacuum around the surface much like the leading edge of an aircraft wing (this vacuum creates lift and this is how 747s take off and fly).  With a busa, the vacuum decreases drag and increases airflow across the monster.  Thus black really is the fastest color.  Silver, blue, and red all absorb much less and generate less surface heat.  Hence the mini vacuum at the surface is less and drag is increased slowing the bike somewhat.  As for the orange anniversary edition....and the old copper busas.....slowest colors a harley will beat them....Until we get a white busa...which would be slower than a Gold Wing.  If we only had the Jet propulsion Lab Wind Tunnels at Cal Tech you could prove your claim of Black SEs being the FASTEST COLOR.
Not really out of character...I just sort of got off on a rant. I had also eaten lunch at the Mall foodcourt that day and had gotten my fill of the masses mulling about.

I appreciate the Scientific reasoning to help support the Black is fastest claim. It's all in fun though, color matters little when folks are bolting Turbos and NOS to the things... I mean color cannot really make a bike faster right? But having said that, I know that Black is the Fastest...
thumbs-up.gif

In reply to Revlis 1st post here...

CoughBARNEY'Scough. Those guys are the ultimate in slime dealers. I bought tires from them, which they had to order, said they'd be 3 days. A week later I finally got them to admit the order was lost by their retailer. I asked them how they were going to make it better, they said, "well, it's not our fault, it was OUR RETAILER'S fault." It wasn't MY retailer, it was theirs. So, because they have crappy choice in business partners, I had to suffer. They also warped both front calipers on my bike and refused to fix it because I had "bad wheel bearings". They weren't warped when I came in. GRRRRR

I gotta stop hijacking posts. Sorry.

oops....am I guilty of hijacking a post sequence?

Sorry Outerlimits....most reputable dealers will be happy to establish a relationship with you for repairs even if you did not buy the bike from them. If its anything like car dealers, repairs and used cars are the most profitable line of business. Not new bikes. So find one you like, be really nice like Revlis is to the Mall chicks, and you will have a great relationship. I have gone out of my way to make dealer repair guys like me. The returns have been well worth the investment.....good service, priority in terms of getting things done sooner and of course, less likely to rip you off.

Now go...to your nearest dealer and by the service manager some beer and pizza. he will love you and your busa forever.

Back