If I ever saw a road I would like to see how fast my Busa would go on, I saw it today

Re: If I ever saw a road I would like to see how fast my Busa would go on, I saw it t

I didn't know florida was like that. LOL.

Honestly, what do you think the highway patrol would do if they caught you going that fast? I know Florida is the subject of a lot of controversy right now... Curious about their speeding policies too :p

If they caught us we would immediately be felony arrested and fined several thousand.

Key word is caught. One member of the board who is no longer here, called me because he got issued a citation on one of these for 167 MPH. He asked me what he should do. I said, you should have down shifted and hauled ass outta there but since you have stopped your are pretty much screwed. I explained how to argue the ticket in court but cautioned him that we are talking 167, with no other vehicle anywhere in sight outside of he and the cop. Not likely the judge was going to listen to any argument on speed measurement errors. This was his first time in court trying to argue a ticket. I advised he get an attorney and hope he doesn't lose his license. Ended up costing him over 4K and a court ordered sale of his bike. But he kept his license.

If you come across a cop hiding out in the weeds somewhere, at these speeds, by the time the cop finishes putting down the coffee and magazine you are so far out of sight they don't even know what they are calling in.

As far as policy goes, in Fla most have adopted the no chase policy unless they can safely trap your escape route. Particularly at speeds that the bikes are capable of. Too many people were getting put at risk in high speed chases. The Cops were getting sued because the chase resulted in an innocent person getting hurt or killed and thereby the families suing the jurisdiction that was pursuing.

Like everything else, hit them in the pocketbook and you get results.

Re: If I ever saw a road I would like to see how fast my Busa would go on, I saw it t

Wow. That sounds about right. I dont have any of those type of roads out here in Cali, but I can see how in Florida theres just parts that you don't want to slow down from.
Even in my car if I'm speeding 100+, it makes sense that if you slow down, you're only going to get yourself caught by the cop...whose a sitting duck.

I really love the fact that through this entire thread the Allstate guys has been staring at me with his friendly smile at the bottom right corner of each post, just waiting to tell me how much money I can save by being a safe driver. :laugh:

To your point though, no such roads exists in Wisconsin that I'm aware of. Roads are all garbage due to winter buckling and those that aren't have enough hills to make you uneasy about safety and/or the 5.0 sitting right over the next hill. What's worse, the nearest stretch of LSR track is like an 8 hour drive away. Ah well...

Gonz

I rode this one twice last year...

Last edited by a moderator:

Come on.....give us a break. We don't have the tail of the dragon but we have the tail of the gator......11 turns, 318 miles!!!!!:laugh:

I rode this one twice last year...

LOL. You know I see a pics like this thread and can hear the cop now. Sir do you know how fast you were going? No Sir. Punk you have no regard for anybody else when you do those speeds. Sir, you are the only "anybody else" for miles...... Do you have any idea what would have happened had you lost control? Yes sir probably killed myself somewhere out in that prarie somewhere. Or you since you made me hit the brakes so hard I could have lost control. I had my bike on cruise control and you startled me officer. I could have died.

Who in here cares that you or I or any given Busa rider may use a road like this to spread our legs? We don't all have tracks that we can just cruise over to use like apparently most of the others do here. So yeah, if I'm gonna have a run, these are where I will do so. Not to mention, they are boring as he** and I will want to get them behind me as quickly as I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back