If Busa Can Have Belt Drive/ Can We

The reason I would love a belt drive is you get a smoother ride, no more oiling the chain, dirt and grit sticking to a oily chain and causing wear, oil splatter on back wheel, and if you dont oil, you get a rusty chain, not so expensive to replace, no more dumb people chopping their fingers off when they have oiled their chain, and if belt drive can do what the chain can do,thats enough reasons for me.
Regards Keith

The reason I would love a belt drive is you get a smoother ride, no more oiling the chain, dirt and grit sticking to a oily chain and causing wear, oil splatter on back wheel, and if you dont oil, you get a rusty chain, not so expensive to replace, no more dumb people chopping their fingers off when they have oiled their chain, and if belt drive can do what the chain can do,thats enough reasons for me.
Regards Keith

some one will probably chop off a finger trying armor all it or something :lol:

I think it's a great idea. I contacted them to see if they can make me a front sprocket for a Gen II. If they can and keep the kit the similar cost I might be ordering one in the near future.

hadn't thought about the upkeep. i'd rather have the security of knowing the chain will handle what i throw at it. i'd be a little sketched with a belt.

The Gates Carbon belts can handle far more than an N/A Hayabusa motor can pump out. I wouldn't be any more worried about the belt than a ZZZ chain. The upside is not having to oil the chain every few hundred miles. The replacement belt costs $30 less than the chain I'm currently running, and should last just as long. I can carry a spare for a long trip at less than half the weight of a replacement chain.

That will also remove the need to clean chain gunk off the bike every few rides.

There are more benefits than liabilities in my book.

Back