Idles fast

clanger

Registered
I have an 05 Busa with 5k mi and it's completely stock.
First I've ever had this issue so I'm looking for potential causes.
Took the Busa out for a long ride - 2up in about 80-85 degree clear weather, normally it's always idling at 1100 and never had a problem. Rode highway speeds the whole time for about 100 mi then stopped, back out for about 80 more mi and stopped for gas and noticed the idle speed was at about 2000 and would not back down, rotated the steering for a cable prob, checked the throttle closed all the way etc, I never use the fast idle lever ("the choke") and it was not engaged. Figured no biggie and went back out on highway for another 60mi to destination and it was still idling fast at about 1600-1700 with the needle moving between.
Rode around town for about 5 minutes and then noticed at a light that it had returned back to its old 1100 RPM. Stopped several times on way back home (200+ miles) and never had the problem again. No indication of overheat - temp always shows just below the halfway point and fan always kicks in if it hits the 1/2 mark. Not much change in elevation along the trip, maybe 1000 ft up in elevation to where I was going (west texas).

Can anyone shed some light on what may have caused this? hope it doesnt reoccur but I cant imagine the idle adjust tightening then loosening again later on its own, could it be vacuum hose? I'd expect the problem would stay then but I'm open for suggestions.

Gotta replace the rear tire very soon so I'll ask at the dealer where I bought it too.
Thanks for replies in advance!
smile.gif

maybe throttle body sync

<!--EDIT|ozz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146205427 -->

Back