Idle Question

badazgtp

Registered
I have a 2006 Basically bone stock. Only thing done is the can mod. Ever since I have owned her, she has had a rough idle and running down the roads at low speeds in 1st gear, she runs a little rough. But, once I hit the throttle, she moves on out and at highway speeds, runs real smooth. Other than that, no other performance problems. I got her with 2050 miles and now have 3200 on the clock. I have given her new plugs and the air filer is clean. Does my throttle bodies need to be sync'd? Idle is set at 1250 rpm's. She runs fine, just the rough idle and roughnes in 1st at low speed. Any hellp will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

What would be a good way to check that. Still kinda new to this machine, so I may need to be schooled on a few things.

I got the same bike>>>>> and the same trouble....... My old SV1000s had the same trouble, TPS was the problem.... Anyone got a linky for the HOW TO TPS setting on a BUsa??

well it only moves, 1/8 inch try moving one way then the other...see what happens, make a mark where it is now before you move it

You need to warm the bike up, put the bike in dealer mode. You can accomplish this by using a jumper or paper clip jumping the two wires on the dealer adapter plug, adapter is located on the left side of the bike near the right rear panel near the battery. Its a white plug with black rubber cover. Bike should be at 1500 RPMs when checking.

Once jumped you will see a C00 on your dash, there will be a - sign to the left...it should be dead center of the C, if not adjust the TPS up or down until the C looks like this -C00. Be sure you keep it there while securing the adjusting bolt. I will try and find a photo or this may sound like GREEK to you.

Here is some help:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa-problems/13930-setting-tps.html

Last edited:
Here's the latest. Did the TPS test and the dash is dead center. I was hoping that would have been it. Any other suggestions? Thanks for all the help so far, it is greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

Back