idiot noob question

albinonile

Registered
dumb noobie question here.
got the busa and loving it---but the other day i went to take those annoying stickers off the inside of the fairing and the gas tank, and they would not come off so easy--one came right off inside the fairing--then tried the second one--started coming off in pieces--then tried to take the one off the gas tank and it would not come off--the top layer of plastic came off the sticker but nothing else--what is the best way to get this eye sore off of my beauty--Ben

I was able to remove them with a hairdryer and some 3M adhesive remover and some patience...... good luck....

I was able to remove them with a hairdryer and some 3M adhesive remover and some patience......  good luck....
Yeah,,,what ^ said!!! They are a bit@h!!

And by the way,,,there are no dumb questions. We all had to learn from somewhere, and we have all had to ask questions!!

<!--EDIT|GSXRFANN
Reason for Edit: "More insight!!!"|1120623460 -->

I know this has been discussed here somewhere lately but i cant find the tread...

Anyway my opinion and quite a few who've talked about it here too is use a hair dryer or heatgun for heating up the sticker real good first, it will come off fairly easy then if you're lucky, but leave some glue that you can easily remove using some WD40...

Pain in the *ss but worth the effort :-)

smile.gif

I know this has been discussed here somewhere lately but  i cant find the tread...

Anyway my opinion and quite a few who've talked about it here too is use a hair dryer or heatgun for heating up the sticker real good first, it will come off fairly easy then if you're lucky, but leave some glue that you can easily remove using some WD40...

Pain in the *ss but worth the effort :-)

smile.gif
+1

Just use some patience and they'll come off. I remember the one on the gas tank being the worse of the two.

I sucessfully removed my tank sticker last weekend. I used a hobby heat gun (careful not to apply too much heat!). A hair dry works too. During the peeling process I started burning the #### out of my fingers. I quickly learned the end of a leather tipped belt works great for slowly prying the sticker up, and it doesn't scratch the tank (saved my fingers too).
smile.gif
Even with heat the sticker comes off slowly and in small pieces, and once removed it leaves a gluey mess on the tank. Just by accident I grabbed a spray product I bought at my local bike shop the other day called Spray Cleaner & Polish (a Honda product used for cleaning windshields and helmet visors). One or two wipes and the glue was totally gone, and not a single scratch! Ah! No ugly tank sticker!
biggrin.gif

as they have said .. best method to ..use is a "heatgun" I use 1 for.. "shrinktubing" n supply a finger nail or ... a plastic scrapper for " Bondo " .. then aftwards use Wd/40 for clean up of "slime" that was Created by removal of " stickers" have fun.
wink.gif

Sure wish I read this thread before I removed mine!!! I used a wire wheel on a 9" grinder
wow.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back