Ideal location for Nautilus Air Horn??

2hip

Registered
Busa Men, Thanks for all the input on wiring..special thanks to Toxic Rocket who cleared up the remaining fog in my brain..I have found a location for the air compressor that I haven't seen anyone use yet...and there maybe a good reason they haven't. On my K8 I just didn't like putting the 2 extra pounds of metal up near the lighting due to the physics of weight being so high in the bike...so I am soliciting comments :whistle: about locating the air compressor below the tank and just above the transmission. I will wrap it with some sort of thermacool or insulation...but it will sit low in the bike and that is my objective. I will tie it to the island (what ever it is)...but I don't think it could move much one way or the other.
In the first picture you see the location from the left hand side of bike (shift side) looking at the area just under the tank and behind main part of engine. In the second picture you see the air compressor layed in. The blue tip of the pen is touching the body of the compressor. wadda think??? If it is wrapped for heat will it survive down there...any experiences with such a location? 2hip

DSC02989.JPG

DSC02990.JPG

Busa Men, Thanks for all the input on wiring..special thanks to Toxic Rocket who cleared up the remaining fog in my brain..I have found a location for the air compressor that I haven't seen anyone use yet...and there maybe a good reason they haven't. On my K8 I just didn't like putting the 2 extra pounds of metal up near the lighting due to the physics of weight being so high in the bike...so I am soliciting comments :whistle: about locating the air compressor below the tank and just above the transmission. I will wrap it with some sort of thermacool or insulation...but it will sit low in the bike and that is my objective. I will tie it to the island (what ever it is)...but I don't think it could move much one way or the other.
In the first picture you see the location from the left hand side of bike (shift side) looking at the area just under the tank and behind main part of engine. In the second picture you see the air compressor layed in. The blue tip of the pen is touching the body of the compressor. wadda think??? If it is wrapped for heat will it survive down there...any experiences with such a location? 2hip

It looks like you have the compressor laying down?

compressor.jpg

Excellent point, I used the modification of the horn...wherein the compressor is seperated from the horn assembly. When I was dinking around with testing the horn I tried the horn in a horizontal position, attached vacumn hose between the two and touched attached wires to the battery poles...and man was it loud...but since you brought this to my attention I will retest it just to make sure...thanks for the heads up...I hope it won't matter...2hip

Excellent point, I used the modification of the horn...wherein the compressor is seperated from the horn assembly. When I was dinking around with testing the horn I tried the horn in a horizontal position, attached vacumn hose between the two and touched attached wires to the battery poles...and man was it loud...but since you brought this to my attention I will retest it just to make sure...thanks for the heads up...I hope it won't matter...2hip

Didn't the horn ship with instructions? I am pulling all this right off their website.

I mounted my tank and compressor like this :laugh: Not sure about on a busa though..... here is free bump

HPIM0833.jpg

Back