IDEA FOR LOUDER HORN...I DID THIS

FalconofFreedom

Registered
Go to Autozone and Pick up ONE Horn Thats Looks Like a Larger Version of the stock horn, Get the HIGH TONE
Dual Terminal...................

Gold in color.........Take it home Clean it with alchohol, spray it lightly with Black Primer, the Paint with Gloss Black...........
Get some 20 Gauge wire and cut two 10 inch wires, strip about 2 inches off of One end and gently make a loop around each of the stock horns teminals at the back and solder so that the stock horn teminals will go back on.........You have to take off the stock horn to do this on a bench...
Then use some shrink tape to put over wires "into One"
then put Terminal Ends fro new Horn on wires....
Put stock Horn back on connect stock teminals...Now take New Horn and Put it on the "Stearing Stabilizer End" with the 14mm nut................Now you have to take off the Black Plastic under headlight and cut with a dremil a small half circle to occomadate the New Horn as it will move with the stabilizer.....Looks factory and Now you have Twin Horns a HIGH & LOW tone!!!
The stock acts as the LOW Tone and the NewHorn is HIGH..............It sounds Like a MG or BMW Car..Real Nice.

Sorry no Pics............
And Autozone's web site ain't working right or I would of put a link to the part#................But you guy's and gal's are smart enough to figure it out.
super.gif

I have a car alarm's siren as my horn. I went to a junkyard and while my brother was getting what he needed from the interior, I spotted the siren under the hood. It took me about 2 seconds to come up with a use for it ...

Back