I'd Rather Push my Harley than ride a ......

Busa Dude

Donating Member
Registered
That was one of many stickers on my Helmet many years ago when I was a die hard Harley rider,That was before they was ( cool ) Well, I got tired of pushing and working on it all the time, These want a be bikers are funny to me now, I love My Busa and would'nt go back.They was a guy ahead of me on a two lane highway on a harley and I could'nt resist to do a 120mph pass, They won't wave at you any way  
laugh.gif
 Just my thought for today.  BRIAN

Just remember Harleys are a great bikes to get your mechanical knowledge and skills up to speed.

Whether you want too or not
laugh.gif

Ah I remember working on this.........
Over and over and over..............................

laugh.gif

BIKE4.jpg

Welcome to the Org, and congrats on a great bike! Gotta admit I do like the Fat Boy, and wouldn't mind having it as a third bike (that is, after I'd buy either a 600/750/1000 Gixxer, or ZX-1000).

There are a lot of cruisers that I would choose over a harley.

Glad to have you on the sport side.
super.gif

(rockadaous @ Oct. 12 2006,13:08) i got flipped off by a HD guy once  
wow.gif
Something funny, I was reading Iron Pony magazine that my manager had @ work and he showed me a artical and it was written by a lady, " Guy's that ride Harley's with the obnoxtiously loud pipes are just trying to make up for something else." NOW THAT"S FUNNY....

i had to ban all harleys from coming into my drive way
started looking like the exxon valdez had been parked on it.

I feel ya bro! I was a die hard until Harley forgot who made them great and just started to do it for the money!

(TheAtomicAss @ Oct. 13 2006,08:23) So what does break on those things, anyway?  You'd think they could have fixed it by now!
They've come a long way. Their mechanical problems were pretty much solved in 1999 at the end of the "evolution" engine. The twin cams are very dependable reliable engines that I have heard they have had very few problems with. Main issue is people lowering the idle below 1K rpm's to get the potato potato potato exhaust note and the oil system not operating correctly.
Now they are having issues complying with the Federal Pollution standards. They've had to stop using carbs and are solely on EFI systems now. They really don't have a good grip on it yet but they are trying. The 07's are running so friggin lean the exhaust pipes produce enough heat to make it semi-uncomfortable to ride some models. aftermarket parts eleviate the problem but it puts the bike outside the mandated federal guidelines for production vehicles. Of course this also requires re-mapping etc so it isn't cheap. Basically you have to spend $1500 - $2000 MORE dollars to get a bike that runs as it should from the factory. ($900 Exhaust, $500 H-D Programmer, Dyno time and labor to install it all)
Their other weak point is electronics in their Road Sofa line. They've got some hiccups with OEM electronics going south quickly but they aren't as unroadworthy as they once were. Still not worth the money they charge but they are better.

THE HARLEY GUYS DONT WAY BUT THEN
AGAIN I DONT WAVE AT THEM EITHER
BUT I DO HAVE A BIG GRIN ON UNDER MY
HELMET.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

(FASTBUSA06 @ Oct. 13 2006,09:53) THE HARLEY GUYS DONT WAY BUT THEN
AGAIN I DONT WAVE AT THEM EITHER
BUT I DO HAVE A BIG GRIN ON UNDER MY
HELMET.
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif
Harley guys don't wave because they are ticked off that they spent WAY MORE money than we did and have a crappier ride.

Them->
mad.gif

Us->
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

They CAN'T wave cause they have to hang on so hard to those paint-shakers!!

Ever pull up behind one and try to see anything in the rear-view?? Those V-twins vibrate so bad I don't know how they can stand it!

Maybe that's why biker chicks dig riding on Harleys?!?
rock.gif

"Ooh, baby, PLEASE don't take that exit right now..."
laugh.gif

Back