I'd love to do this just once

Lack of skill is one reason! :rofl:
I haven't even tried to do a burn out yet.

Practice when you're about to change tires.
But if you feel you're about to screw up, pull the clutch.
If you only close the throttle the back wheel will stop and it can get squirrely real quick.
If you panic, you'll likely go down, or fire the bike into the air...I've seen both happen.
It's hilarious, and expensive.:laugh:

Practice when you're about to change tires.
But if you feel you're about to screw up, pull the clutch.
If you only close the throttle the back wheel will stop and it can get squirrely real quick.
If you panic, you'll likely go down, or fire the bike into the air...I've seen both happen.
It's hilarious, and expensive.:laugh:

I think I'll try a burnout but how do you end it? Just pull the clutch?

Get someone to video it for your first time.
Not that I'd want anything to happen, but if it did, it would be a shame to not have it on video.

i'll be doing that in about a couple of weeks because i need a new rear before my track day. the "standing burnout" is not that hard let alone a "rolling" one. stand up, lean your gut into the tank, push on the bars, grab a monsta' full of front brake & wrap the throttle with your palm. results: instant supa star! :laugh:

i'll be doing that in about a couple of weeks because i need a new rear before my track day. the "standing burnout" is not that hard let alone a "rolling" one. stand up, lean your gut into the tank, push on the bars, grab a monsta' full of front brake & wrap the throttle with your palm. results: instant supa star! :laugh:

Make it sound so easy. My luck, the bike will take off without me

Try it when your tire is cold first . It takes a little more gas once its warmed up . Just hold your front brake hard, pull the clutch in and start giving it gas to get your RPMS up then let the clutch out (not to slow but don't just dump it) You can push down on the front end to let off the wieght on the rear tire to get it going also, your tire will start to spin. Keep holding the brake . When you are finished just pull in the clutch and let off the gas. Now when you are spinning the tire the bike is easy to move side to side and you can control this with the steering. have fun .

Try nosing the big girl to a curb. Good way for practice and build confidence. Before you know it you will be throwing smoke with a smile from ear to ear.

I'll be getting the Conti Motions put on this weekend so I'll give it a shot. I had planned to get some video but I don't know if my buddy will be able to or not. I'll post it if it happens. :D

here is a quick clip of me burnin' off the last of the Q2 and ready for the Q3. it's a blast and never get's old!
...and another>

Last edited by a moderator:
Back