ICON Motorhead Jacket

Personal preference really.

I have an Icon MH jacket, had it for several years now. Seems ok to me. I liked this jacket because you don't look like a power ranger when wearing it, and it has all the padding and a removable liner.

I've owned the Icon Daytona model jacket for a few years. Extremely comfortable, good armor, and excellent venting system. Also, own two pairs of the Icon pursuit leather gloves. Very happy with the Icon products...:thumbsup:

Have any of you guys ever found these jackets "on the shelf"? I live in the SC upstate and have found absolutely no-one that stocks this line of jactets.

Every shop around has the same $200 - $300 jackets but I can't seem to find a place that carries high-end (or high-priced depending on how you feel about these particular lines :laugh:).

I do not have a problem spending money on gear, but I do have a problem spending it on gear that I can't try on first. I've even found slight variations in "same-size" jackets on the same rack...from the same manufacturer...so I definitely feel a need to try before I buy.

I do realize many online stores offer returns but the question then becomes how many? What if it just sucks and you don't want it at all? I'd be willing to drive if anyone has ANY suggestions.

I would spend the money on a Vanson or a Spidi. I have both. Looked at the Suzuki line of jackets from ICON and the reviews online weren't so hot. But I personally never wore on. There is a store in North Baltimore which has ICON stuff out the waazoo. But for $500-ish you could get a decent Spidi. I have a Vanson Hurricane for Summer. It's ventilated.

I really like Spidi stuff. It's quality gear.

I would spend the money on a Vanson or a Spidi. I have both. Looked at the Suzuki line of jackets from ICON and the reviews online weren't so hot. But I personally never wore on. There is a store in North Baltimore which has ICON stuff out the waazoo. But for $500-ish you could get a decent Spidi. I have a Vanson Hurricane for Summer. It's ventilated.

I really like Spidi stuff. It's quality gear.

Thanks Goblin...haven't looked at Vanson or Spidi but I'll definitely check it out. Too bad Baltimore is so far away! :laugh:

Back