ICON MilSpec Vest Information

RamminBusa

Donating Member
Registered
As you may or may not remember a couple months back I had to relieve some stress on the org about the new requirments for riders on the military post. I purchased the MilSpec Vest but it only had one ID holder on it. I contacted ICON and got the number for technical assistance to order another one to put on for the two ID's I now have to show. Here is the information to order replacements or additional holders...

You can call 608-758-1111 and ask for Tech Department. They will get it out to you fast.

PS They were shipped free of charge...
biggrin.gif

That is odd, that vest is overkill for most bases, the DOD reg says something visible/contrasting over the jacket/bdu blouse/flight suit, we get by here with either a reflective sash, or a bright motorcycle jacket. The local dealers are pushing those vests HARD, but noone is buying them. I wear the goofy ornage mesh net vest right now since I can fld it up and stuff it in the underseats storage since I don't wear it on the way home.

<!--EDIT|wickedsprint
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121918415 -->

wickedsprint,

The appeal of this vest for me was purely the look and the ability to zip it up. I tried using the other ones and every once and a while I would get the crap whipped out of me by it because the velcro did not hold. This thing is great, stays in place and does not come open by itself. The reflective strips are bright as hell at night also. As far as not wearing it on the way home.... Army regulation requires it all the time (we know this doesn't happen, hell just go to a poker run one day and look around)

That is odd, that vest is overkill for most bases, the DOD reg says something visible/contrasting over the jacket/bdu blouse/flight suit, we get by here with either a reflective sash, or a bright motorcycle jacket. The local dealers are pushing those vests HARD, but noone is buying them. I wear the goofy ornage mesh net vest right now since I can fld it up and stuff it in the underseats storage since I don't wear it on the way home.
The regulation also says reflective @ night. Most of the cheap mesh units I have seen are almost a hazard at highway speeds. They are loose fitting and tend to move around quit a bit with the air. If you are active duty the regulation also requires you to wear it off base. The ACC command has further defined the regulation specifying the amount of reflective material required. I believe it states 9 square inches. The mil-spec was designed to meet the ACC spec.

The regulation also says reflective @ night. Most of the cheap mesh units I have seen are almost a hazard at highway speeds. They are loose fitting and tend to move around quit a bit with the air. If you are active duty the regulation also requires you to wear it off base. The ACC command has further defined the regulation specifying the amount of reflective material required. I believe it states 9 square inches. The mil-spec was designed to meet the ACC spec.
Seems like every base (service) is different. We were advised a couple of weeks ago that the Navy instruction required a vest with reflective strips 1.5 inches wide. I asked them how they could enforce something that wasn't available at clothing sales. The only vest there is the cheapo mesh thing, which I wear. They went back to the drawing board. But the frustrating thing is how they go over backwards to make it difficult to ride on base. I'm retired Air Force and feel sorry for the active duty guys trying to enjoy life on two wheels.

So much for a an overall mil spec garment!!!

I think that Milspec looks pretty tight actually. I have plenty of military buddies, but they never ride with that thing. Offutt must be pretty leniant cause I see guys get away with the reflective logo off their Joe Rocket jacket as being acceptable. LOL!

Back