Icon Hooligan Operator Jacket

TaxMan

Registered
As the temperature has gone up I have been looking for a new mesh/textile jacket as my perf leather is getting a hot for the 100+ weather here in Dallas lately.

I decided to pull the trigger on this jacket last night after spending some time going back and for between it and a Speed and Strength mesh. So far, with only one 20 mile ride in it, my morning commute, and I have to say I'm really impressed with how light it is and how much air flow I get.

It has 6 external pocket (2 with zippers and the other 4 are velcro) 4 on the front and one on each sleeve, as well as one inside pocket. I went ahead and pulled off half the patches that came with it, and intend to find some more to put in thier place at some point.

As i said the jacket is very light, with out the liner in it is maybe less than a 1/4 of the weight of my Icon accelerant leather, and around half that of my Joe Rocket mesh. It has removable (and I would assume replacable) back, shoulder and elbow armor.

I cannot stress just how much air this thing flows, if you hold it up to the light, you can almost see through it (last picture). I'm not sure how it would hold up on a slide, and hope I never find out, but with the summer heat here it is better than nothing.

Jacket 002.jpg

Jacket 003.jpg

Jacket 004.jpg

Jacket 005.jpg

Last edited:
Well, after the ride home, and I took the longer scenic route, I can say this thing handle the heat really well, i was very comfortable, even though one of the signs I passed said it was 103. Works much better than my Joe Rocket, but my perf leather does too.

I'm very impressed with the air flow.

Back