Icon Backpack

suarezrh

Donating Member
Registered
Hi everyone. This is my first post. I've been lurking for a little while now. I got my bike about 3 weeks ago and i love it!!! (traded in HD sportster).  Since i've gotten it, i've installed risers and lowered front about an 1inch and put rear links to lower rear about 1.5". Also did the kick stand mod but thinking i really should do something else soon too.  
wink.gif

anyway, my question is to those with the Icon urban backpack/ tank bag. Thoughts on it? is it too big on the bike? Any pics?  Is it like a normal backpack meaning if not full it isn't fully expanded?

Any others  tank bag/ back packs out there? I've been surfing just can't find anything else that i like.  It has to be big enough to carry my jacket when all folded up (like a regular backpack can) and yet small enough that it doesn't totally block my site when mounted on the tank.

Sorry for the long post. Just excited to get my first one out.

Thanks!!
smile.gif

1st Welcome to h.org
2nd Post pics of your bike.
3rd Smart move trading the Sporty for the Busa
4th I run 2 different tankbags. I have a Nelson Rigs that unzips and almost doubles in size. I like it on long trips because of the map window. I also have a Joe Rocket Manta that I just got last week. Nice & small for going back & forth to work. I love the Manta. I wore a backpack once and hated it. The entire time I rode it felt as if the wind was going to tear me off the bike. My 2¢

No pics!?  
rock.gif

firedevil.gif

Welcome anyway!  
poke.gif

Icon Urban tank bag is great. I use it to carry my lunch to work along w/ my water, iPod, and a bunch of other goodies.

If you pull up (search) some threads of heavybusa's recent trips w/ photo's, you'll see his on his bike.

Here are a couple of pics of my blue urban (old pics of Bessie though)

busarear.JPG

post-52-02136-welcome.gif

Nelson Rigg
Joe Rocket
Icon
First Gear
Cortech (SP?)

They all make good tank bags
wink.gif

AKKK - How'd that pic get so big?!?

I've never used the Icon bag you're talking about, but I don't recomend Icon. By now i've had 2 pairs of superduty glove2, 1 mainframe helmet, and one of their leather jackets. The gloves are actually ok, but the helmet is the rubatone and is peeling and the vents have cracked even though i've never dropped it. Also the liner covering your chin has torn away and is uncomfortable. The visor's scratch too easily. The jacket has a broken zipper on the left wrist and one of the snaps is broken. I've only had this gear for 2 seasons with less than 10K miles. I'm not very please with their quality, and I believe they just make "image" gear. FYI, i'm not hard on gear at all.
Oh yeah, welcome to the board and get some pics up!

I have an AVG Sport Suzuki backpack...cannot find a pic on the web and I don't have my camera with me today, but it's a very comfy back pack, tons of room, fold out flaps to hold your helmet if you want to carry it with you on stops...it's been a big asset to my riding...

Welcome to the org and post some pics of your Busa!! Congrats on the purchase!
cool.gif
smile.gif

i have the small icon tank bag and love it just right for little stuff, been looking at the bigger one though

Man you guys are fast at replying!!!  
biggrin.gif

thanks for all the welcomes. Yeah i know i need to take some pics of the bike.  I'm kinda of slacking since i haven't done that yet. FYI - its an 06. i'm only at 300 miles. Dang MI weather  
crazy.gif

MC Mustang - any issues with it flying lose at higher speeds? i'm not a speed demon more of a cruiser just wondering though  
wink.gif

thanks everyone... Keep the suggestions coming.  
smile.gif

(suarezrh @ Sep. 20 2006,12:40) Man you guys are fast at replying!!!  
biggrin.gif

thanks for all the welcomes. Yeah i know i need to take some pics of the bike.  I'm kinda of slacking since i haven't done that yet. FYI - its an 06. i'm only at 300 miles. Dang MI weather  
crazy.gif

MC Mustang - any issues with it flying lose at higher speeds? i'm not a speed demon more of a cruiser just wondering though  
wink.gif

thanks everyone... Keep the suggestions coming.  
smile.gif
Well, since I ride 5 below the speed limt, I can only speculate that there wouldn't be any observed problems with the bag lifting - say with my windscreen, at 150, indicated - but if I were to actually go that fast, I think I might have to tuck over the bag around, oh - I don't know, say 140 indicated...

No, I don't think I would have any problems, if I were to actually do that..
firedevil.gif

Have this one and love it, Rapid Transit tank and it comes in two sizes, mine is the bigger of the two. Will NOT lift at 160 indicated
wink.gif
and allows you to tuck because of the shape, is tapered so you can actually lay on it- I did coming home last night at about 45 degrees to get behind the windshield!

Bag3.JPG

i luv my icon backpack. it looks like MC Miustang's but in black. it will fit my mesh jacket if i need to put it elsewhere. otherwise it holds enough clothes for a qik weekend trip. however if u have a laptop i wouldnt recommend using it for that. i would recommend the axio hardpak. i have the swift in carbon. http://www.axio-usa.com/html/product.html
never feel like i am getting blown around with this one.

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
to the madness.

Check my thread

Love the bag, not problems at speeds or quick take offs.

I've had it loaded to the top with no issues.
beerchug.gif

Plus I've worn it as a back pack and really like the clear pocket for maps and cell phone.

I have a camelbak with some storage. You get get a bladder for drinking and a little storage also. Cost me $80 at Cabelas....but it was free with points.

great info and pics!!

I just realized i do have some pics. They were taken the 2nd day i owned the bike. The other Busa is my friends that i stole from him for an extended test ride (3 weeks
wink.gif
)  Guess i really liked it, since i ended up getting my own
biggrin.gif

08-26-06_1826.jpg

Welcome! I have a Nelson Riggs Don't have a pic... I really like it. It unzips to expand and has a map window... It will stay down with your bike pegged out... Not that I have ever went that fast... Not a back pack though... I shy away from the back packs only because they make you sweat your but off in the summer... and at speed they alter your aerodynamics in a tuck.
E

Back