I would like to try out a gen 1 busa

mx597turbo

Registered
I recently sold my zx10r and picked a fz1. I like the bike, but I'm wondering if a busa wouldn't have fit my riding style better. If anyone here is from NJ or eastern PA, and would like to switch up for a ride, let me know. Thanks.

come to central IL and you can ride mine....

Thanks, but that's a LONG ride. This is the only problem I have with buying a bike. I go more off other people's opinions that my own riding experience. I bought the fz1 because I commute a lot and ride 2 up often. The zx wasn't well suited to that, and the pegs were so high that my legs would fall asleep in about 30 minutes of highway riding (I did eventually make some custom pegs that were dropped 1" and fixed that problem). The fz is great around town, but I don't think I got enough seat time to make the call for the highway. I've only ever ridden pure sportbikes, so sitting bolt upright on the highway feels a little strange. When I bought my fz, I test rode it for about 15 minutes, mainly on local country roads. Had I ridden about an hour, and put on some highway miles, I'm not sure I would have bought it. I really think the fz is made for people much bigger than myself (I'm 5'8" and 160lbs with gear). At the time, I wasn't even considering a bus, but maybe I should have.

That's why I made this post. I would just like to get some seat time on one. Do a little mix of highway and back road riding. I have 11 years of riding experience (Gsxr750, R1, Gsxr1000, ZX10r, and FZ1), and have never been down. And if anyone here is considering and fz, this is a chance for you to try one out yourself.

Well everyone is different..but the busa is a great all around bike..
I agree u just need to ride one to see if u like it..

Well, the Busa is exactly what you want and your riding buddy will love you for life.

Well, the Busa is exactly what you want and your riding buddy will love you for life.

That commercial always cracks me up.:laugh:

Wouldn't mind havin' that old Pan just to putt around on every now and then,looks almost exactly like my '54 i got in 1970 with a 10" over wide glide/Sportster tank,etc.:thumbsup:

I do a lot of highway miles and 2 up riding, which is why I need something more comfortable than a supersport. But I still ride on some nice twisty roads from time to time, so I still want something sporty

Then the Busa is perfect for you..... People use these to knee drag one day and toss on the bags for touring the next day.

Just rode 375+ miles to the NC mountains came back with scuffed up knee pucks. Ride my busa 35 miles each way to work on weekdays and corner carve on the weekends with no adjustments.

Thanks, but that's a LONG ride. This is the only problem I have with buying a bike. I go more off other people's opinions that my own riding experience. I bought the fz1 because I commute a lot and ride 2 up often. The zx wasn't well suited to that, and the pegs were so high that my legs would fall asleep in about 30 minutes of highway riding (I did eventually make some custom pegs that were dropped 1" and fixed that problem). The fz is great around town, but I don't think I got enough seat time to make the call for the highway. I've only ever ridden pure sportbikes, so sitting bolt upright on the highway feels a little strange. When I bought my fz, I test rode it for about 15 minutes, mainly on local country roads. Had I ridden about an hour, and put on some highway miles, I'm not sure I would have bought it. I really think the fz is made for people much bigger than myself (I'm 5'8" and 160lbs with gear). At the time, I wasn't even considering a bus, but maybe I should have.

That's why I made this post. I would just like to get some seat time on one. Do a little mix of highway and back road riding. I have 11 years of riding experience (Gsxr750, R1, Gsxr1000, ZX10r, and FZ1), and have never been down. And if anyone here is considering and fz, this is a chance for you to try one out yourself.
Honestly if you want a comfy hyper-bike, the zx14 is way more comfy than the busa, and quicker than a gen1 busa.....plus you can get used 14's cheaper than a busa. I own both.....the busa is the better handling, more sport oriented machine, the 14 is the more comfy, sport-tourer feeling machine. I enjoy them both for their differences :beerchug:

Flame suit on :laugh:

Honestly if you want a comfy hyper-bike, the zx14 is way more comfy than the busa, and quicker than a gen1 busa.....plus you can get used 14's cheaper than a busa. I own both.....the busa is the better handling, more sport oriented machine, the 14 is the more comfy, sport-tourer feeling machine. I enjoy them both for their differences :beerchug:

Flame suit on :laugh:

:lala::lala:

Back