I would like some dinner before I get f****d

bikerider14

Registered
So I've been looking at busa's for the last month and im sold on the 2013 LE. I checked progressive and for full coverage it came up to 10,660::11 I have a 07 zx6r that I paid 350 for full coverage for the entire year. I have no accidents, speeding tickets, parking tickets, no blockbuster late fees no nothing. im like wtf flo, you supposed to be saving me money.

Shop around. Progressive was about $2800 a year for me. I currently pay about $360 with state farm. It helps that I have all my other vehicles and house with them, plus the wife and I have spotless driving records for the last 5-7 years.

$10,660.00 or $1,660.00 ????

bro if you gettin quotes at TEN GRAND.. get another hobby.... but if money aint a problem enjoy... that's a great bike

:beerchug:

I'm paying $1056 with State Farm a year... My agent claims it's cuz it's Hayabusa even though I have no tickets or accidents in the last 20+ years.

First post !! :welcome:

Shop around as others have already said. Progressive is just telling they won't touch that bike.

Welcome to the site! State Farm has good rates, and they're better if you insure other property with them. A newer bike and a bigger motor will also cause rates to be higher. Good luck, and post a pic of that ZX! They're great bikes, and Kawasaki with Tom Sykes looks to be strong (again) this year in World Superbike.

State Farm is the way to go. I had the same ridiculous quotes from Progressive a few years back. :welcome:

:welcome: to the board...like others have said, try State Farm :beerchug:

+1 for State Farm. Geico quoted $1200 a year for full coverage and State Farm $375. Just a heads up, State Farm does not have good accessory coverage. In the event of a total loss they will only pay for the value of the stock bike and any accessories that "they" consider add value. So if you have a $10k paintjob they will not cover it. However if it is not a total loss and lets say your $1200 custom exhaust is damaged in an accident they will pay for that. I don't know if this is the same in all states but at least in VA it is. Good luck with finding insurance and :welcome:.

JPunisher

Shop around. Progressive was about $2800 a year for me. I currently pay about $360 with state farm. It helps that I have all my other vehicles and house with them, plus the wife and I have spotless driving records for the last 5-7 years.

+1 for State Farm - I have a pick-up and 2 motorcycles with them.

Just paid my 6 month premium last week. 278.68 thru State Farm and that's the only vehicle I have covered with them.

$460 annually for full coverage and a $300 deductible here in mass. I went that route with progressive for my 1st inquiry and got an outlandish quote as well. I would seriously shop around because 10k seems ridiculous.

Go with State Farm, but you'll most likely have to bundle all of your insurance (car, home, MC) with them to get the best rate. I pay $500 a year for the Busa.

P.

Back