I went for an early morning ride with LA Busa

Rayabusa0818

Never Forgotten
Randy and I got up at sunrise and rode some back roads in Lower Alabama before the weather got too hot. We stopped along the Mobile Tennsaw river at a locations that was once some sort of WWII secret outpost...

P1070805.jpg

P1070806.jpg

P1070807.jpg

P1070810.jpg

P1070812.jpg

Nice pics, wish I could have gotten out before it heated up. Hope to get out several times this upcoming long weekend.:thumbsup:

I love history but curious as to why we would need a secret outpost in Alabama during WWII.

But cool stuff nevertheless. :thumbsup:

What in the world was he doing in the bushes? :whistle:Thanks for the pics! I heard about the fisherman's big catch.

I love history but curious as to why we would need a secret outpost in Alabama during WWII.

But cool stuff nevertheless. :thumbsup:

The story locally is that this place was a hiding place and refueling depot for war ships.
Pensacola and the MS coast on each side have naval sites and I guess they squirreled a few away at this place.
Even today, very few folks no where it is, or what is was.

I am running out of things to show Don around here, this was my last gem...

To further comment, this ride was a) wake up b) ride Busa.

Never quite woke up that way before (one down..... four up.... yeah, thats it)!

Thanks goodness for Red Bull:beerchug:

i love rides like that, you can see some cool scenery early in the morning :beerchug:

1-2-2007-12 (Large).jpg

IMG_0128 (Large).jpg

5 up! :). Thanks for sharing the great pics. Morning rides are super :thumbsup:

Yeah Randy you better pull out some more roads for Don. What about a little north ride, I know you have to have some good riding there. Cool pics guys, we will try to add to them next weekend.

Yeah Randy you better pull out some more roads for Don. What about a little north ride, I know you have to have some good riding there. Cool pics guys, we will try to add to them next weekend.

Your right, I have to look north!
Going south, we'll need an aqua Busa!

Thanks for the cool morning pics folks, those are awesome!

Even early this AM, before most of the populace were about, 90 degrees and enough humidity that one could wet his whistle by raising the visor! Brutal!

Riding with Don is more than an honor (let me mention here that he rode his Busa down from Sale Creek TN to South AL after working a full day to see his new grand child).......... he is the the Goodyear blimp, I am nothing more that the mooring ropes swinging below.......here he is in full leather and I am wearing jeans and a mesh jacket and sucking down Red Bull like Marion Barry with a crack pipe.
A bottle of water and some convenience store pastries and he was good to go!

Maybe.............just maybe Doc.... We'll have him in our midst next weekend:thumbsup: No pressure there Don....:whistle:

See yall then!

Last edited:
Back