I went down twice on Sat... ok though

Deno_n_Philly

Registered
Well,, it finally happened.. with a new group and riding in some twisties.. behind a BMW rider.. going good..he rode by a bicyclist.. it freaked them out.. and they went left.. so I had no place to go but st8 through a little field and a huge puddle.. pic below.. ended up running into a fence.. bike fell over and i got launched from my bike.. airbag jacket worked perfectly.. pic below.. bike was PERFECT.. just dirty... I was really shook up... so decided to go wash it off... pic below..
So washing it off.. everything is fine.. i ask him to move it forward 8 inches so i can get the rest of my wheels.. and i am spraying it off and it falls over... yes.. this time damage.. pic below... front, left side fairing, startor cover, tank, new pipes, broke clutch lever, scratched mirror.. but ride able.
I am kinda shook up still.. didnt leave the couch yesterday.. very scared to even post this... so now what???? have any of you guys went down.. how did you get over it.. there is nothing i could have done.. but doubting to ride again... help guys.. i love my baby..

bike11.jpg

View attachment bike13.jpg

View attachment bike12.jpg

View attachment bike10.jpg

I have been down a few times...fix her up and get back to riding.

You will get over it!
Posted via Mobile Device

Get right back on brother as soon as possible. You have made it through the worst part. The rest is easy.

13 wrecks here, some worst than others. Have second thoughts about riding and consider throwing in the towel after each. But I sit on my bike or someone else's and a few twist of the throttle and I am hooked all over again, like if it was the first time I ever ridden or sat on a bike. Take it easy for a little but eventually back to my old self.:laugh: Now that I think about it since my old self is always going down that could be my problem :whistle: Next time it will be a new me...... next time that is:laugh:

If you love riding you'll get back on, if you get back on and lost that love see nothing wrong with throwing the towel. Don't let fear make your decisions for ya though, people loose their lives everyday in some way or another. Get as much fun in as you can everyday in some way..

Fix the bike up, ride some more, but figure out what you would do different next time. Yes, there will be a next time. We've all fallen one time or another. Experience is very valuable for long term fun.

thanks...
That is what people have told me.. but they dont ride.. so they dont know..
She was a woobbling though.. side to side.. but she did not go down.. if she wasn't so heavy and my feet slipping, i might have been able to keep her upright the whole time..

I just have to take it easy i guess.. called state farm today.. 250 deduct.. so she is going to get fixed very soon...

2 feb's ago broke my collar bone and a stator cover - getting back on was the hardest thing ive ever done but soooo worth it...

fixer up - she will forgive you....

What everyone else said, the best thing you can do, is get RIGHT back on...

Get your trust back in the bike, and know that she will continue to take care of you, as long as you take care of her...

My one down, i was back on the bike with in ten minutes, shook up, and nervous, but after a day or so, i was back to my old self...

Once, I went down.. i did pick her right back up and rode.. but i was just so nervous the entire time.. .. tomorrow will be hard for me.. to get back on her.. i take amazing care of her and she does take care of me...

13 wrecks here, some worst than others. Have second thoughts about riding and consider throwing in the towel after each. But I sit on my bike or someone else's and a few twist of the throttle and I am hooked all over again, like if it was the first time I ever ridden or sat on a bike. Take it easy for a little but eventually back to my old self.:laugh: Now that I think about it since my old self is always going down that could be my problem :whistle: Next time it will be a new me...... next time that is:laugh:

If you love riding you'll get back on, if you get back on and lost that love see nothing wrong with throwing the towel. Don't let fear make your decisions for ya though, people loose their lives everyday in some way or another. Get as much fun in as you can everyday in some way..

Wow! 13 wrecks?

Don't be a *****, get back on.
It's not the bikes fault, its yours.
Hayabusa's don't cause accidents, the rider does.

Not too many wrecks but each and every time all I could think about was getting right back on for the next ride. Last time I wrecked which was just a few months ago I had to ride home almost 250 miles right after the accident.
I was in pain and pissed at myself but still enjoyed the ride home :laugh:

well Hoss, get back on that horse. :race:

looks like you got off luckey. the pics don't look to bad.:poke: that should buff right out.:thumbsup:

you'll feel better when the bike is fixed.

:handball: Learn anything?

:goodboy: don't feel too bad. i've wiped out on every bike i've ever owned. it's really no big deal. just learn from it and move forward.:beerchug:

i am glad you are ok...but i have to ask this....please tell me you didnt just put the shinkos on ...cuase we shinko users will never live it down!!! (ie any other tire you would have had the grip of king kong and stayed on the curve around the bikers and never had an accident) :rulez:

It happens, get back on. Ive been down, was a lil worried the first time I got back on, but got back into the groove in my own time, as you will too:thumbsup:

Get 'er fixed up. New plastic and other minor garage tip over damage is nothing. That bike is good as new inside so try to let it go. You really got off pretty lucky in spite of dropping twice. I'd say get on and ride as cautiously as you need to. I dropped my other bike on the 4th day of ownership. Have a buddy who had his 14 roll backward down a steep incline and fall. While he was fixing that, he dropped it forgetting to put the stand down.

I know the trauma, bro. People that don't ride don't get this. It really messes your mind up but you'll get back to it. A couple months down the road, you'll be back to yourself, a little bit more experience and a little wiser.

Back