I was working on my photography skills today: mothers day at the zoo!

I am also without my "mother" for 39 years now....on mothers day.....rest in peace MOM!

Last edited:
Some more it was a fun day!

DSCF1650.jpg

DSCF1649.jpg

DSCF1665.jpg

DSCF1642.jpg

DSCF1676.jpg

DSCF1645.jpg

DSCF1670.jpg

DSCF1640.jpg

What kind of camera are you using? I've got a Nikon D90 but I haven't had a good opportunity for quality photos.

Nice looking family. Looks like you had a great time.

Photo tips:

Use manual focus anytime you need to shoot through a fence or glass. Get as close as you can (safely) to the fence and you might be able to turn it into a mild blur. Using zoom will also help blur out the lines from a fence or cage. Zoom as much as you can without chopping the subject off.

Get yourself a circular polarizing lens. You can rotate the lens to eliminate glare on water so your fish pics will look better.

What camera and lenses are you using?

Practice and it will come easier.

I am also without my "mother" for 39 years now....on mothers day.....rest in peace MOM!

Im with ya man, not quit 39, but 22 this november. Was twelve when we were involved in an auto accident and she didnt make it. One great thing as sucky as the situation was that will stick with me forever was I got to hold her hand and tell her I loved her as she was slipping away while awaiting help.

Honestly its a crap camera, works great when taking pictures of mods but not so good for good landscape shots. I would like to get a tri-pod and a better camera. Thanks for the focus tips..

Im with ya man, not quit 39, but 22 this november. Was twelve when we were involved in an auto accident and she didnt make it. One great thing as sucky as the situation was that will stick with me forever was I got to hold her hand and tell her I loved her as she was slipping away while awaiting help.
It use to be just another day growing up, like the holidays. But now it has a better meaning. Nice story and I wish I was old enough to remember more.

Back