I was thinking a little raffle might be cool...

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I have that Hayabusa leather jacket that I had made and bought recently. What do you guys think about a raffle with the proceeds donated to Wounded Warriors or maybe the S.P.C.A. in the name of the Org.

The warriors came to mind with a PM from a military man serving abroad who is taking me up on an offer for some free parts.

SPCA came to mind 'cause I love me the dogs.

I could sell some tickets really cheap so that alot of folks could get in on it.

The jacket is big on me so it would fit more guys than the other stuff I have given away.

What do you guys think? Tickets with a low price,low number sold, so we could declare a winner really qwikly.

We could choose somebody to run it so everyone would know its on the up and up.

Hit me with some ideas.

Rubb.

For those that dont know S.P.C.A. = Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

Rubb.

Pretty cool idea Rubb :thumbsup: Has the Org ever done a raffle before? Closest thing that comes to mind is when everybody got in on Blancas lottery pool. I imagine it would have to work something similar to that?

That is a spectacular idea rub keep me posted i will help out as needed.

S.P.C.A is a great cause, all of my dogs over the years have come from one of their shelters, but isn't the S.P.C.Rubb. in more dire need of support at the moment?

--Sky

Don't think a raffle will fly. Years past this board was screwed royally.

I'd be interested. perhaps a video of the winning ticket draw or something just to alleviate any concerns some may have as to the winner being predetermined. just a suggestion. What happened years ago that went horribly wrong??

I'd be interested. perhaps a video of the winning ticket draw or something just to alleviate any concerns some may have as to the winner being predetermined. just a suggestion. What happened years ago that went horribly wrong??

What U dont trust me...I have an honest face.
Its actually easy. This ain't my first rodeo on the org. :laugh:

You just post eveyones ticket number here on the board and then use the numbers from Powerball or Lotto 649 etc to get yer winner. Easy Peesy.

RSD.

Don't think a raffle will fly. Years past this board was screwed royally.

I know Eric. I took over from that guy remember. I then helped Doug get this place back on its feet. Doug was very thankfull and he and some other members surprised me with that trip to Vegas to meet even more members.:thumbsup:

And also,this is me,Rubb. Its also my jacket,not a sponsors donated item. And the funds are not for me,they are for our wounded Vets or sick and abused animals.

But if there are concerns,I can flush the idea and move on.:flush:

RSD.

kind of sounds like a redemption raffle is in order to me. I am for supporting worthy causes. SPCA is a great cause and usually very under funded

I know Eric. I took over from that guy remember. I then helped Doug get this place back on its feet. Doug was very thankfull and he and some other members surprised me with that trip to Vegas to meet even more members.:thumbsup:

And also,this is me,Rubb. Its also my jacket,not a sponsors donated item. And the funds are not for me,they are for our wounded Vets or sick and abused animals.

But if there are concerns,I can flush the idea and move on.:flush:

RSD.

I remember that raffle . I also remember that Capt made it right!

Im with you Rubb it doesn't have to be rocket science..... "X" amount of dollars per ticket. Post those peoples names and ticket #'s on a thread. Theres a lot of stand up guys on here so I don't even think the lotto numbers are needed. 1 member who didn't purchase a ticket throw all the #'s in a bowl shake em up and pick 1. quick fast easy congrats to the owner of a new jacket and the charity of your choice Rubb :beerchug:

Back