I was reminded of something today..

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Today is a day filled with many emotions and once again, life reminded me of how precious life really is. No, it's not fair by any means but we strive to make the best of it.

When I hung up the phone after talking with Randy and Ambriella's "gift of life" I was happy. Very happy for all involved as Jailbait has traveled this road many a time. Sadness to the loss of the Donor family as Jailbait has done the same.

Then, BAM, I read of Coach's unfortunate tragedy and what the family must be going through at this time. Just so tragic. Awful. Sadness.

Then I read where djorgensen Grandfather passed living a life I believe was fantastic obtaining 104 years of age. Yes, he also had a "gift of life" but in an entirely different way.

I really don't mean to rant here but I do feel a little better.

"Tomorrow is promised to no one". It was proved here today in so many ways.

r8

Last edited:
It's not a rant, it is a revelation!!!

+1 life is a gift, no matter how long we may have it.

Nicely stated.

My wife could use a new liver and I was reminded of that with Randy's post. Unfortunately, she can't have the surgery even if a liver becomes available. We've been married for just over 19 years and we've always really known that it could end at any moment. Our time together has been the best of good fortune in spite of the difficulties we've had with her medical issues.

But we're in love. It mitigates a lot.

Great post, John.

--Wag--

Today is a day filled with many emotions and once again, life reminded me of how precious life really is. No, it's not fair by any means but we strive to make the best of it.

When I hung up the phone after talking with Randy and Ambriella's "gift of life" I was happy. Very happy for all involved as Jailbait has traveled this road many a time. Sadness to the loss of the Donor family as Jailbait has done the same.

Then, BAM, I read of Coach's unfortunate tragedy and what the family must be going through at this time. Just so tragic. Awful. Sadness.

Then I read where djorgensen Grandfather passed living a life I believe was fantastic obtaining 104 years of age. Yes, he also had a "gift of life" but in an entirely different way.

I really don't mean to rant here but I do feel a little better.

"Tomorrow is promised to no one". It was proved here today in so many ways.

r8

Well Said , + 10000000000000000

icon9.gif

Back