I WAS FRAMED!!!

Doc_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
Today I went for a great local ride. I was on the way home, and admittedly hit a few triple digits. As I approached my neighborhood, I saw the tumblers behind me. This was in a very slow residential zone and I was not speeding. So, I pull over and immediately two police jump out and run up to my bike. The start by asking me if I was going to try to run again... at first I am thinking that they had clocked me way back and were trying to catch up ever since. So, I tell them that I did not know they were behind me... they say they are speaking of an incident yesterday... I inform them that I did not even ride yesterday (which is TRUE)! They lightened up a bit, but kept asking questions. They read me the description of the suspect, and I have to admit, it sounded just like me. The fact that I lived a few blocks away made matters worse, according to them, as I could have stashed my bike quickly.

In the end, they took all my info down and let me go, but this kinda sux. I called the two local Busa guys with Blue/Silvers (Vegas Dude and Jose) and warned them... there is a sick part of me that wishes it had been me... that would be kinda funny... kinda....

suspect.gif
hmmm.gif
sarcasm.gif
crazy.gif

Not a laughing matter to say the least. You just never know. Glad you are OK at the time.

Almost 30 years ago my broher was on Spring break in Florida. He was mistaken for a killer, he was busted up bad and his bike was run over several times. I remember he called home and told the family he was in jail for murder. What a nightmare. Two days latter they caught the real killer. My brother never went to Florida again. He passed away about 6 years ago. Just be careful Doc., you just never know.

You're right NE. It could have been worse. I have no idea what I would have done if they kept accusing me. It REALLY WAS NOT ME THOUGH!!!! Some of my local friends told they could have done anything, even if it was me, if they did not get the plate. I wonder if it really was a Busa? Oh well, someone got lucky and I got FRAMED.... I wonder if they can do rubber residue testing like DNA testing....?

Can't do residue, but they can do tire profile if any tracks. You should be fine. Oh yhea I did not suspect you. I told you my brother story, remind me to tell you my arrest story from 30 years ago. Hey we all have had them when we were young.
biggrin.gif
Stay cool Bro. Monday is another day.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Bright side is no arrest, no ticket. Plus you have a heads up on possible increased police presence. Just be happy you aren't a harmless pet dog in Tennessee.

fireskull.gif

It sucks that you were harrassed like that but atleast you didn't get any kind of fine or something worse.

ALLRIGHT BUDDY WHERE WERE YOU ON THE NIGHT OF JANUARY 1ST 1981!?! Just wondering
tounge.gif

Doc you came out just fine...Remember they get the motorcycle speeding complaints all the time and their stopping you was more than likely just a show for the neighbors that may have lodged a complaint of some sort...Action in TN can not take place on misdeameanor offenses that did not occur in an officer's presense...Therefore, even though you were stopped and in essense field interviewed there was absolutely nothing they could have done to you outside having had a active warrant for your arrest...In reality you could have told them look I've got to go see you later, but I'm glad that you didn't...
muscle.gif

My name is "Roger Rabbit"....Oh officer I was just joking...

My friend used my ID for a year to get in a bar thats how close we looked to each other . I went by a cop that had someone pulled over I wasnt wearing I helmet I had a 88 GSXR 750 red and white he got stopped that day and they wrote him a ticket for riding without a helmet (he was on his probationary license) for earlier that day (he was wearing a helmet when he got stopped) HE had a 90 GSXR 750 red white and black
smile.gif
I just laughed at him .... Oh yah and by the way NE if you get charged with Murder or something and even though the charges are dropped or you get found not guilty it remains on your criminal record forever

My friend used my ID for a year to get in a bar thats how close we looked to each other . I went by a cop that had someone pulled over I wasnt wearing I helmet I had a 88 GSXR 750 red and white he got stopped that day and they wrote him a ticket for riding without a helmet (he was on his probationary license) for earlier that day (he was wearing a helmet when he got stopped) HE had a 90 GSXR 750 red white and black
smile.gif
I just laughed at him .... Oh yah and by the way NE if you get charged with Murder or something and even though the charges are dropped or you get found not guilty it remains on your criminal record forever
Yes it does. Not anymore for my brother since he is dead, but up to the day he died i am sure.

even if I was caught with the smoking gun...
I would claim to be innocent.
Remember your innocent till proven guilty in a court of law.

even if I was caught with the smoking gun...
I would claim to be innocent.
Remember your innocent till proven guilty in a court of law.
Yeah the burden of proof fails on the state or charging authority but time is the issue...Innocent people have been incarcerated for months at a time awaiting trail for one reason or another...So in other words I ain't trying to do nothing that has Jail as a possible result...

Hey Doc,

Glad everything went your way (if you could call it that). Just be thankful that you are able to tell the story because so many times, others aren't quite so lucky. Would sure hate to see a fellow rider on America's Most Wanted or COPS.

Brian

The Officer was fishing..... He had nothing on you but seeing you and you looked like the person they 1.) saw and could not catch or 2.) They had a complaint of a bike and person that looked like you. or 3.) he thought it could be you and wanted to make a point and scare you a little to get you to stop. We have a thing here in New York called a 710-30 which is a form used by Police on duty. It works like this anything said to an Officer on a traffic stop that can be used against you in Court of Law. On a traffic stop you are not required to give a person their rights because its only a traffic violation not a criminal offense. If the Officer asked you why you were speeding yesterday at 1:00pm on Main St. over 120mph and you answred... I'm sorry I did not think I was going that fast maybe only 100mph... The officer could charge based on your admission... yep I know it sucks... yep I know its thin.. But based on your statement he could charge you and make it fly.. So in New York anyway its best to keep your statements limited and don't admit to anything. I would not make a half a$$ arrest like this.. But when I stop people for violations I view I do ask questions for 710-30 admissions to support the charge. The charge would be good on its own but better with any statements collected road side.

I'm glad you didn't have any outstanding warrants and that it REALLY wasn't you, and that all worked out ok. But too be honest how may hayabusas are there out there with the same color scheme. I got pulled over and given a field sobriety test once, had had a drink all day i tried to explain to the officer i had bent down to grab something out of the center console, but hey i'm sure he hear's that all the time. But i've learned go through the drill and typically most cops are pretty cool.

Glad you made it out ok.
Bad thing is, NOW, If you ever tried to run. They have already "ID'd" you.
Atleast , now you know to be cool in that area.

Bummer Doc..glad it worked out for ya...Had to work today..
thats why i may be the last response on the subject....

Back