I want to hear your opinion

Well Ms. Rose, I'll share some very important info that hasn't been mentioned as of yet. Stretching and lowering your busa does nothing for you other than visual appeal and making you feel a bit more stable with both feet flat at stop lights.

After a number of years as an instructor teaching folks how to safely go fast and improve their skills and confidence, I can tell you without a doubt, you will never become more than a mediocre rider at best with your bike altered in this manner.

My advise is to learn to ride what you have. Trim the seat and you will gain an inch. If it's absolutely necessary, add another half inch to your boot soles and you'll be just fine. With solid instruction you'll be spanking every lowered and stretched bike in the community and will be a topic of conversation among all your friends. Otherwise, you'll just be another cutie on curb candy.

One other thing to keep in mind, someone said a bike that's been altered by lowering is no more dangerous than stock? I'll just say they may not be more dangerous but they certainly aren't as safe!

you will have to raise it up some to stretch it,that's gonna affect your ability to flat foot it if you can do it safely go for it..

One other thing to keep in mind, someone said a bike that's been altered by lowering is no more dangerous than stock? I'll just say they may not be more dangerous but they certainly aren't as safe!

I agree with this dude.

Anybody who says a lowered or stretched bike handles as well as a stock motorcycle clearly doesn't ride anywhere close to the limit. I tried riding with a 2" rear/ 1.5" front drop, and raised it back up to stock height after 2 weeks because I didn't enjoy the diminished handling.

get a set of adjustable swingarm extensions and play with it if you dont like the way it handles take them off and sell them. i think if you go with a mild stretch 4-6 in you will be happy. just remember you will need to chop off your mud flap, relocate license plate, get a longer chain and lift it up a little bit for clearance with tail. sometimes you will be ok with ride height cuz when you stretch it it usually lifts it up any way

me and my friends have a 160 mile road course we can honestly say there is fast sweeping turns and good straights for racing and really good tight twisties, look into hudson, brooksville, floral city, citrus county and you will be amazed

I've kept mine stock wheelbase and height.

The guy from 'Coastal Alabama' is right though, most busas down here are stretched and lowered.

Good to see someone local posting, that is pretty cool.
I'm from Satsuma, AL

in all serious.....and this will make ya think WTF?.....RAISE the back end....it will make the bike turn in much better! Coming from an ex busa rider....if you want that thing to TURN...get its butt off the ground. If you dont care about turning., slam it and stretch it!

+1 :thumbsup: Mine's raised 1.25" and now it turns in really well and now I can run in the intermediate groups and keep up even in the turns..
Stretching it will force you to lift it just to keep the driveability somewhat as it is today... But it all depends on your plans as sledhead said.. Twisties or show?
That's a decision only you can make..

Well Ms. Rose, I'll share some very important info that hasn't been mentioned as of yet. Stretching and lowering your busa does nothing for you other than visual appeal and making you feel a bit more stable with both feet flat at stop lights.

After a number of years as an instructor teaching folks how to safely go fast and improve their skills and confidence, I can tell you without a doubt, you will never become more than a mediocre rider at best with your bike altered in this manner.

My advise is to learn to ride what you have. Trim the seat and you will gain an inch. If it's absolutely necessary, add another half inch to your boot soles and you'll be just fine. With solid instruction you'll be spanking every lowered and stretched bike in the community and will be a topic of conversation among all your friends. Otherwise, you'll just be another cutie on curb candy.

I can only agree but then again, we use our bikes for the twisties and trackdays... Not cruising down the boulevard.. Looks really good at the moment but I vote for keeping it at stock height and lower the seat.. But then again... That's just me...:laugh:

The guy from 'Coastal Alabama' is right though, most busas down here are stretched and lowered.

I'm from Satsuma, AL

Nice to have another local man where you at in Satsuma?

leave it alone, i started of streching to +6 then it went to this.

374.jpg

What I would want to ask is this:
what does it actually IMPROVE and correspondingly, what does it make less good?
You can improve all kinds of things AND have a lot of fun doing so.
I would personally spend the money on upgrading the power delivery to around 194hp at the rear wheel,(Akrapovic 4-1 Carbon pipe+PC 3 + proper Dyno tune) which will drop substantial weight and thus improve handling), beef up the brakes and suspension and a set of carbon wheel rims.
I can think of other things which might need stretching, but the Hayabusa isn't one of them. I basically cannot comprehend why anyone would want to do it. If someone did that to my bike overnight without my knowing, I would stop riding it and sell it. However, if YOU want to do it, who really is in a position to say "No"? So do what you want and find out the REAL result at the END.

I have 2 bikes one is stretched 6 in. the other is stock .. Personally I like the stretched feel better ..each his own .. want to do sharp twisties get a 750- 1000. Going to ride the roads and run hard in the straights get it stretched...

a lot of sugestions to make your head spin, congrats on the scooter and :welcome:

i love lowered busas but it does needs you to hang a bit more of the seat trying to carve corners,,,,
no seria facil tratar las picas the yabucoa con esa motora than bajita...lol

I'm from Satsuma, AL

I live in Daphne, not too far from Mr. Woodrow!

I got an invite to a local get together recently and met some of the local bikers / squids.... pretty cool.

I heard about Rose and Wayneovich (mis spelled that one...), but I think a good many Busa riders were unable to attend that night.

I ride the country roads of central Baldwin County on Sunday mornings sometime, your welcome to come ride along, we have a private track (of sorts) that we play in...:whistle:

We usually roll out at about 0730 to avoid passing out from the heat!

It apears to me that there are some nice curves in Florida :laugh: For looks only ok w some stretch and fat tire stuff, for practicality & performance leave it alone. I think your bike will always look good as long as you sit on it :whistle:

Back