I want to hear your opinion

stretching a bike doesn't increase/decrease any level of "danger". With your bike already slammed the hadnling has been changed. You can't lean it over as far without dragging stuff. A stretch will make the bike feel a little more lazy going in and out of turns but you just have to adapt to it. A mild stretch with the right suspension tweeks may be what you're after. It's when someone throws a 12+ stretch and ignores the suspension that can make a blah ride.

As the resident Rican BoB You know I gota welcome my peeps!:laugh:

If your not into doing serious twisties then I say go for it, I stretched mine 6" and still had fun in the corners and she looks so sweeeet.

I will tell you this, If you do decide to stretch your probably going to have to lift that rear back up a little or the tire will rub the undertail.

I had to swap out to a heavier spring to get mine to quit rubbing when I hit big bumps, But all in all it was worth it.

===================================================================

MISTY.jpg

mmmmisty.jpg

MISTY.jpg

mmmmisty.jpg

It is your bike so as you wish with it:thumbsup:. I know the area we live in the motto is Busa = stretch and a stretched Busa does look good though not my cup of tea. One thing that will make a world of difference that was mentioned earlier is clean that rear up. I can help you if you want I did the reflector license plate and it turned out good. Also if you are able a exhaust will really set it off:beerchug: BTW thanks for making mine look like a 4X4 :laugh:

I love your bike!!!! Thx

If your not into doing serious twisties then I say go for it, I stretched mine 6" and still had fun in the corners and she looks so sweeeet.

I will tell you this, If you do decide to stretch your probably going to have to lift that rear back up a little or the tire will rub the undertail.

I had to swap out to a heavier spring to get mine to quit rubbing when I hit big bumps, But all in all it was worth it.

===================================================================

View attachment 184233

View attachment 184234

I will sure let u know when I get ready 2 do it, thx!!!!! :beerchug:

4x4 huh!!!! :lol:

It is your bike so as you wish with it:thumbsup:. I know the area we live in the motto is Busa = stretch and a stretched Busa does look good though not my cup of tea. One thing that will make a world of difference that was mentioned earlier is clean that rear up. I can help you if you want I did the reflector license plate and it turned out good. Also if you are able a exhaust will really set it off:beerchug: BTW thanks for making mine look like a 4X4 :laugh:

Thanks.... I like ur avatar!!!!! :lol:

stretching a bike doesn't increase/decrease any level of "danger". With your bike already slammed the hadnling has been changed. You can't lean it over as far without dragging stuff. A stretch will make the bike feel a little more lazy going in and out of turns but you just have to adapt to it. A mild stretch with the right suspension tweeks may be what you're after. It's when someone throws a 12+ stretch and ignores the suspension that can make a blah ride.

I wonder why you got so many responses :stoopid:

What ever you do just take more pictures :drool: You have to forgive us, there's just something about hot girls & hot bikes !!!

personally i think it looks good the way it is, how much have you lowered it?? but go with what makes you happy, your the one riding it and enjoying it:thumbsup:

stretched and lovin it! I did a 3-7" and I am running about 5". I still have fun in the corners and it doesn't wheelie so bad.
Steve

Hey Rose, I'm about to remove my extensions I think. I might just flip the blocks around so it's only a 2-3" strech instead of a 7-9" stretch and keep the extensions, not sure I'll be doing it this weekend and I'll know then..

It's not more dangerous in curves, you just have to go a little slower. It doesn't turn as easy. Personally I like the look of the stretch, but I want to do a little more twisty riding so I need the functionality of stock length, but I won't enjoy the "look" of the bike as much. It's all about what you want.

If the weather is good this Friday and you can make it to bike night I might ??? let you take mine for a spin so you can see what a stretch feels like :laugh: ..

I might be able to hook you up with my extensions if they will work on a Gen2 and I get rid of them.

Does anybody here know if Gen1 & Gen2 swingarm extensions are the same?

Last edited:
Hey, I know the area where you live, rode with some folks who know you this last Friday night. Also know that you are awash in a sea of stretched Busas down here.
EVERYBODY in this neck of the woods seem to stretch and lower these bikes, I think I was the only one at Friday night (bike night) that had one that was not stretched, and I think for the most part it is done for visual appeal. The 'looks cool factor'.

Of course if you are going to drag race the bike, extending the wheel base makes it more stable in a straight line under heavy throttle, but.... when you lower and extend the wheel base of a sport bike you castrate its ability to do what it was engineered to do, go fast in all settings.

Its really up to you, if you are just gonna tool up and down the Blvd, stretching it wont hurt it much and you'll fit right in around here, for me, its all about going to Deals Gap, twisties and an occasional romp around a race track (road course) so I'll not be castrating mine!

Back