I WANT TO DO THE 250 REAR TIRE KIT!!!!!!

TAZEONE

Registered
I just saw a 250 rear tire kit done on a busa @ bike night tonite and GODDD DANG, it looked stupid sick.
The guy told me, it really didn't hurt the way it rides. I followed him down the street and he was cruising for sure and he leaned into a right turn as I would on my BUS.

he told me, that he can still take it into the canyons, but he def. can't knee drag. He said it still gets up to 150 no problem, but he hasnt taken it faster than that. he was like the rear tire is ZR rated, so it should be able to be steady at 150 + easy.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? DO IT OR DON'T DO IT?
i'm planning on gettin a GSXR 1000 soon to replace my stolen R1

I can have this mod on my bike in 2.5 weeks!

yes or no?

damn it looks sick!
customsportbikeconcepts.com domain gone

cmon guys, talk me outta of it, or talk me into it.

no way.... I agree it looks cool but it limits your top speed due to the rating on the tire AND it costs like $3k to get it done, maybe more.

spend the money elsewhere... like boost or something.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087481287 -->

Ok how often are you hitting speeds of 150mph+
rock.gif
If you are not trying to break the 200mph barrier and I think there's only a few trying to do it on a regular basis. I say go for it if you want it.

Heck this addiction we call motorcyclying is about personal choices and personal freedom, and personal satisfaction. Those thing drive us to ride what we ride and dictate the way we ride.

So if it satisfies the need, and you can afford it legally
laugh.gif
FEED THE NEED!
cool.gif

BEfore you go ga-ga have you seen the single sided swingarm 250 conversion
rock.gif
I'll post a couple of pics later.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:RED'>NO</span></span>

Yeah, if your just going for looks Cool! If your wanting to do anything other than Cruise around probably not the best plan, at least not until someone builds a high performance 250 series rear...

I kicked this idea around last year, decided that it wasn't for me, but I still think it looks wicked, with about a 4 or 6" swingarm stretch. I'd really only do it if I were to set up a second busa just for "cruise night" bragging rights. I really like the way my 40th rides with the stock setup, not sure if I could deal with that big 250 every time out.

TBone

go for it, not sure how you planned to get it in 2.5 weeks. rc is 6 weeks out on polished wheels right now. I have 1 kit left with wicked spinning wheels...let me know im just a shout away in Orange County! Jon

This would be the conversion I would drool over. I know you have been contemplating over the the 250 kit. If you want it, then get it. I say #### it and just do it!

SINGLE2.jpg

I requires an offsett sprocket. Sounds heavy/breakable.

Too much show, not enough go.

Buy a blower.
cool.gif

Coming from a cruiser background, I kinda would like a 240 kit for my bike w/ a little stretch & undertail kit. Call me straight line...but I like the look but not in the extreme stretch & super phat tires. If I need a carver, I'll get a used cheaper 600 somewhere & showboat the busa. U purest could nail me now but I guess I would deserve it hanging around here lol

<!--EDIT|AZTECWARRIOR
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087569251 -->

Just to let you know because I work at Custom Sportbike concepts all the bikes it in the original post are 240's except the Black one which is a 280.

Back