I want to build a BUSA cheaper than at the dealers

GBUSA

Registered
Family,
I am looking at building a BUSA from scratch. I need some info. on legit title frames and motors. Or if you know of anyone that is selling parts. I need a motor, frame and handle bar assembly with the forks. Everything else I have. Holla at me if you have some info. to share.

"G"

I'll tell you this much...it ain't gonna be easy. I'm trying to rebuild mine...

Got it in 2003 for c.a. $8500

Wrecked in 2004

Spent close to $5K trying to rebuild her....and it's not done yet.

If you need parts and stuffs, good places to check is sh.org, psychobike.com and here.

There's a couple of board members that dabble in the parts scene. You can PM GoldenChild...he'll take care of you.

Post up in the Classifieds....you'll get some of the parts guys there.

This is from sh.org a coupla days ago:

-----------------------------
I have around 30 auctions left on Ebay as of now. I just took a perfect black/silver apart today. I'll have another perfect silver/grey Monday. Also I bought a 03' black/silver that fell over on while being washed, it should be here within a week. I'll be listing around 50 more auctions within the next couple of days. 10-3 weekdays or anytime after 10 on the weekends. I work nites so no call is to late. Josh 816-370-2440 or 816-204-6081 .

My Ebay ID is Doorfitter1
Email jhill000@centurytel.net
-----------------------------

HTH

Why would you wanna do something like that
rock.gif
....is it not easier to buy a bike off the showroom floor
rock.gif

rock.gif

I like the idea
idea.gif

The Busa riding now is a Salvaged Project. Bike before it was a salvaged project. Think the next bike will be a salvaged project. There's allot satisfaction doing the projects.
First is finding a Frame in good condition. Have to be an accident survayer. Recreating the impacts to determine if it effected the Frame's integrity. The Busa's frame is spared from impacts by a huge engine hanging out the sides. Gas tank above. Watch out for front end collisions,bent forks. The Frame head is compromised. Inspect there is no signs of cracks and dents anywhere.
Big ticket items is the Frame and engine. The Rims and some electrical sensors next. The rest are nickle and dime, but add up.
After several months of collecting parts. Ebay is your friend
biggrin.gif
Salvage yards.
Watch the budget, bidding time for an item to come available at a reasonable price. Stay away from buying new OEM. Otherwise can get the costs up to where getting a used bike would be a better idea.
Good codition used parts. Heheh Motorcycle riders must be perfectionists. Cause a little scratch prombts them to sell the part and buy a new one. Parts were some buffing, polishing or painting is needed. Caution some ebay sellers sell junk. I got taken a few times with rear sets.
The Goal is to put together a safe ride. In same or better condition then a used bike.
Might get lucky find a Busa with most of it's parts, but plastics are toast. Caution must see in person, cause it could hide allot of damage not disclosed.
Here's what started it all
biggrin.gif

post-24-68253-040128cpx006.jpg

Coolest 'after' picture is a friend riding and putting the busa through it's paces.

<!--EDIT|Bronto
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123064808 -->

600cc.jpg

biggrin.gif

My perfect old bike ( 03) 24xxx miles is for sale at 6500.
Just PM " Racing Rob".
Really doesn't get cheaper than that. Right ?

Back