I want a turbo

missilelike

Donating Member
Registered
I am considering putting a turbo on my bike this winter. I would kind of like to do the install myself, then take it to a local shop here in town to have it tuned. What tubo would you recomend for ease of instalation? If you run low boost are they dependable for long rides away from home? And will any other mods to my stock busa have to be made with the turbo installation? Is a extended swingarm a must? Just new to the thought of the turbo busa, any help would be appreciated.

I can sell you a kit or parts of a kit and i can get you any turbo you want from mild to wild. I can help you put togeather something on the cheap and it will get the job done.This turbo is WILD!

FP3065001_full.jpeg

if you're gonna stay stock compression.... stay below 8 lbs. I run 7.5 lbs in mine. about 270hp.

anything more you'll need to run a spacer below the cylinders and you may need more fuel. either bigger injectors or some secondaries on the plenum.

check out suzukihayabusa.org and contact motorhead (dennis)

he makes kits that are very good quality and pretty cheap.

you can install yourself very easily and his maps that he gives out are almost dead nutz on.
smile.gif

Hey turbo1320. What kind of deals are you running right now? I went to your site and checked out some of your kits. Winter specials? lemme know.

All of the kits are good, its just the tuning that takes time. Velocity, Ghetto are the 2 most popular in my opinion.
As long as you maintain below 8lbs of boost, the only engine mods are heavier clutch springs. Just do some good research, but dont get caught up in the company/personal bashing that is ongoing on the other sites. Good and bad points with all products.
Congrats, the BOOST will be an addiction

if you're gonna stay stock compression.... stay below 8 lbs.  I run 7.5 lbs in mine. about 270hp.

anything more you'll need to run a spacer below the cylinders and you may need more fuel. either bigger injectors or some secondaries on the plenum.

check out suzukihayabusa.org and contact motorhead (dennis)

he makes kits that are very good quality and pretty cheap.

you can install yourself very easily and his maps that he gives out are almost dead nutz on.
smile.gif
+1
smile.gif

smile.gif

Just do some good research, but dont get caught up in the company/personal bashing that is ongoing on the other sites. Good and bad points with all products.
Congrats, the BOOST will be an addiction
This couldnt have been said any Better but if you do Buy some ones ealses kit other than mine look to the Boards to see what other people have said about other kits then call me and see if my kits have the same problems.What ever it takes to make your dream come true its not my bike its yours its what you want not what i tell you have to have.Look into up grading your kit -can you? and if so how much and how long will it take?If not you have to sell your kit so you can upgrade !? does the turbo drip oil? do these other kits have cheaper hoses and fittings and does this matter to you? Look at the welds, is the waste gate match ported? Are parts coated? what bolts do they have on there turbo? are they stainless? Ask as many Questions as possible the more the better but if you are going to ask me give me a call i type like #### and sometimes it does not come out right.Happy Boosting!!!!!!!!

127_2707_IMG.jpg

I got a Hahn, nice kit but no after sales support. Install is the easy part, tuning is where the catch is. install a wide Band A/F while you got things apart. the Board Brothers have helped a lot in getting mine dialed in. I got 33k miles on my 99, 18k with turbo, runs strong about 8-9 psi boost. Everything is stock, only have changed tires, chains, sprockets, oil, filters. i will add H2O inj this winter. Anybody know of a good kit? Good Luck and Welcome to our INSANE world!

I got a Hahn, nice kit but no after sales support. Install is the easy part, tuning is where the catch is. install a wide Band A/F while you got things apart. the Board Brothers have helped a lot in getting mine dialed in. I got 33k miles on my 99, 18k with turbo, runs strong about 8-9 psi boost. Everything is stock, only have changed tires, chains, sprockets, oil, filters. i will add H2O inj this winter. Anybody know of a good kit? Good Luck and Welcome to our INSANE world!
Blunt question: Was it expensive? Did you do the install? Is "wide Band A/f" only larger throttle bodies or those plus more injectors?

Thanks

This is the mack daddy water injection this has all the goodies.$750.00 $ 825.00 with tank.

<!--EDIT|TURBO1320
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133629544 -->

806_009.jpg

Be an informed consumer by learning enough to make good decisions based upon what your goals are. Like everything else there are trade offs to be made and there is no one size fits all. There is a ton of info here -
http://tinyurl.com/btued
This board is a good place to ask question as it isn't biased towards a brand and has some very knowledgeable posters.

My Hahn kit cost $3400, with install and PCII, tax,new plugs,etc I paid $5300. Wide Band is an air/fuel analyzer, helps save some dyno time. I got mine for $420. You need to weld a threaded bung to exhaust down stream of turbo. Do it before you install exhaust.

Back