I' ve been looking for a possible track bike...might have found one.

apehog

Registered
While at a local dealer last week, I found a beautiful '09 gsxr 750 with only a few miles over break-in. The bike is totally stock with the only add on being frame sliders. No damage that I could see. It fit me well and I can see it being the answer that I'm looking for in a track bike which also would see some street use. I know some of you use your busa's for track days, but possibly crashing my baby on the track is unthinkable! The obvious answer is track specific bike.

I thought about getting something like a cheap SV that's already been tracked, but I hate inheriting potential problems. Blue Book on this bike is $8200. The dealer is asking several hundred more but I'm certain that he'll come down...maybe alot. I'll get race plastics for too, but beyond that I'd keep it stock for now.

Any opinions on this? Thx!
Posted via Mobile Device

Gixxer 750 makes a great track bike...if you weigh over 200 lbs...you should upgrade the suspension and re gear it a bit.

I have a buddy with a '07...he weighs 165, so stock suspension was fine for him...just had to adjust it. He runs -1 on the front sprocket and +3 on the rear...loves it!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

While at a local dealer last week, I found a beautiful '09 gsxr 750 with only a few miles over break-in. The bike is totally stock with the only add on being frame sliders. No damage that I could see. It fit me well and I can see it being the answer that I'm looking for in a track bike which also would see some street use. I know some of you use your busa's for track days, but possibly crashing my baby on the track is unthinkable! The obvious answer is track specific bike.

I thought about getting something like a cheap SV that's already been tracked, but I hate inheriting potential problems. Blue Book on this bike is $8200. The dealer is asking several hundred more but I'm certain that he'll come down...maybe alot. I'll get race plastics for too, but beyond that I'd keep it stock for now.

Any opinions on this? Thx!
Posted via Mobile Device

That's a bit steep in price for a track bike. I got a 2007 GSXR 600 for $4,100 9,000 miles on the clock and it cost me about $250 to service and get it back into perfect as new condition. I planned to ride the Busa yesterday, but the battery needed a charge, so off I went on the little Gixxer did 130 miles. Once you get the RPM over 8,000, really it has more power than you can use on the street. Just short of a 100 mph in 2nd gear.

Unless you have an excess cash problem, that's a ton of money to spend on a dedicated track bike. It won't be any less expensive to repair than your busa if you crash.

One of my friends just purchased an 06 GSXR600 with Ohlins suspension, upgraded brakes, votex rearsets, frame slicers, vortex clipons, tuned and ready for track use for $3900.

It's always nice to have a new bike but not the best bang for the buck for track use.

I'm glad to see your interest in track time! :cheerleader:

Sounds like a great bike for the track! Of course there are less expensive options.
Posted via Mobile Device

There are many used bikes out there already prepped for track and even if the motor fails, you will still have spent much less money, especially if the bike has mods on it like the one Tuff knows about. Ohlins shocks etc are not cheap.

Thx for all the opinions..I'm pretty sold on a 750, maybe not this cuz of cost. This is the first time that I've considered a track bike & I'm getting excited about it!
BA, I'm 5'9" 155-160. I'll keep looking for a less expensive deal.
Posted via Mobile Device

As stated seeral times before, that would be a very expensive trackbike. There are some really good deals to be had on trackbikes. I would go with a 650 or a 600 if I were to do it again. They are both much easier on tires than the bigger bikes. I definetly recomend getting out there though not much in life can beat a good day at the track.

Thx for all the opinions..I'm pretty sold on a 750, maybe not this cuz of cost. This is the first time that I've considered a track bike & I'm getting excited about it!
BA, I'm 5'9" 155-160. I'll keep looking for a less expensive deal.

I believe your thinking is sound. To go fast as your skills improve,the Busa needs rearsets and more + OEM plastics are just way expensive these days. Keeping your Busa for a streetbike and getting a designated track bike that's not worn out from the get-go, along with buying good low cost race plastic gets my vote .

The 750's are nice bikes :thumbsup:

A quick search found some spanking new old stock 2009 SV650S for $4995.00 and the Gladius for around 500.00 less. Just a thought if your not opposed to spending 300-400 shipping from a legitimate Suzuki dealer.

A quick search found some spanking new old stock 2009 SV650S for $4995.00 and the Gladius for around 500.00 less. Just a thought if your not opposed to spending 300-400 shipping from a legitimate Suzuki dealer.

Thx for checking around...those prices and the example tufbusa gave are much more in line with a practical choice..I can see me getting a 600.
Posted via Mobile Device

Unless you have an excess cash problem, that's a ton of money to spend on a dedicated track bike. It won't be any less expensive to repair than your busa if you crash.

One of my friends just purchased an 06 GSXR600 with Ohlins suspension, upgraded brakes, votex rearsets, frame slicers, vortex clipons, tuned and ready for track use for $3900.

It's always nice to have a new bike but not the best bang for the buck for track use. Lots of deals on racebikes, Tuf. The CMRA site has tons of them. That new 750 sure was pretty tho, even if price isn't!

I'm glad to see your interest in track time! :cheerleader:
Posted via Mobile Device

There's lots of used trackbikes, Tuf. The CMRA site has tons of them. That 750 sure is pretty tho...even if the price isn't! My search will go on...
Posted via Mobile Device

Back