I Truly Need Some Help; Please (hayabusa 2002)

Jeffrey8138

Registered
okay; i was having trouble with the bike (it wouldn't start up right away, and it would go ovr 150 mph); Took it to the shop they replaced the Spark Plugs, nothing changed ... then they replaced the Throttle Sensor because they said the READING was off, still no change... then they replaced the Throttle body it started Up , everything ALL GOOD... drive it FAR, and the ISSUES Returned it won't go Over 150, and it was Really Hard to Start ...

So, got TWO MORE Throttle Sensors, and Replaced the Throttle Bodies AGAIN. Started Right UP; YEAH ... then it CUT OFF, and by the Third try; would not start again.... THERE Are NO ERROR CODES

i am thinking Vacuum, or Gas being cut off from something else other than the Throttle Sensor ... Checked all the vacuum lines are connected, everything is connected (sensors, hoses, Airbox); anybody know why it just won't start (and yes Fuel Pump tested) ..... this is recurring; why

No; though wouldn't that be something i would Need to Start the Bike for ... it won't start ... though i Took the Butterflies Off and Sprayed Starter Fluid through the AirBox and it Started and Ran at About 10,000 RPMs , i have Since Put The Butterflies BACK ON ... so i know; the engine works and the Plugs

Had fuel pump tested; bought Throttle Body w/ injectors and installed them ..., it STARTED; then cut off (three times); then refused to Start Again

I would still test fuel pressure. Could have collapsed line or a bad fpr unless everything has been tested . Have you put it in dealer mode? If your dumping fuel or starter fluid in it and it runs it's gotta be fuel.

Yes, fuel pressure test needed, it's pump in tank on the 2002, there is a fine fuel filter in the housing next to the pump, in the tank, these become blocked and are stupid expensive from Suzuki, someone posted a mod, to bypass the filter (if that is your issue).
Are the plugs wet or dry, after cranking the bike? If they are wet (fuel), it could be that the injectors are being told to inject at the wrong time and missing the spark, this is controlled by the ckps (crankshaft position sensor), by adding carb cleaner, you are bypassing the ignition timing, that's why the bike fires up, if they are dry the injectors are not being activated, again the ckps tells the injectors when to operate.
Have you also eliminated the fuel pump relay, I've heard these play up and don't throw a code.

Okay; i think i Know the reason... i emptied the Tank of All Gas , then added a Gallon of Hightest, then added the Entire 16oz bottle of Marvel Mystery ... IN MY DEFENSE: there's a Hidden Tear Off label with instructions (THERES NOTHING THAT STATED IT WAS THERE); so it should be One oz to every gallon... I put in 16
So, i'll empty tank again, and No Mystery Stuff Anymore

I had a starting issue after I put mine back together from checking valves. Would be hard to start, run but poorly, and not re start. Mine was because I crossed 2 of the coil wires. Might not be your issue but worth a look when you get into it.

okay; i was having trouble with the bike (it wouldn't start up right away, and it would go ovr 150 mph); Took it to the shop they replaced the Spark Plugs, nothing changed ... then they replaced the Throttle Sensor because they said the READING was off, still no change... then they replaced the Throttle body it started Up , everything ALL GOOD... drive it FAR, and the ISSUES Returned it won't go Over 150, and it was Really Hard to Start ...

So, got TWO MORE Throttle Sensors, and Replaced the Throttle Bodies AGAIN. Started Right UP; YEAH ... then it CUT OFF, and by the Third try; would not start again.... THERE Are NO ERROR CODES

i am thinking Vacuum, or Gas being cut off from something else other than the Throttle Sensor ... Checked all the vacuum lines are connected, everything is connected (sensors, hoses, Airbox); anybody know why it just won't start (and yes Fuel Pump tested) ..... this is recurring; why
I wish I could complain about 'not' being able to ride over 150mph, in the uk :lol:, it's either average speed cameras, bad road conditions or police speed traps, we would all be in jail :fire:

Could be the fuel pump relay! Mine would cut out randomly but I have a fuel pressure gauge so could see the problem,try running a live of the battery to the pump live wire and see if that helps

Back