i think my forks are collapsing internally?

FTMFW

Registered
anyone ever heard of this? my current setup is bar risers, with the bars slid through about 1 1/4", with 3 hole links on the back, set in the middle hole. the bike has made a lot of passes, no huge wheels or anything, strapped. its been strapped tight in a trailer a lot of times, with about 5500 street miles. im heavy, so that doesnt help. they dont leak, but the top of my fender hits one of the little underglow leds ive got mounted to the black plastic under the nose section under moderate to full compression. any thoughts? its only recently started doing this, i never had this issue last year.

Fork fluid's job is to control the springs energy. The spring itself is the culprit.

Keeping a coil spring compressed indefinately is not a good idea. You have two choices, heavier spring or move the forks back to stock to allow more travel.

Tip of the week: ALWAYS remover the straps allowing the spring to relax once the racing it done!

Fork fluid's job is to control the springs energy. The spring itself is the culprit.

Keeping a coil spring compressed indefinately is not a good idea. You have two choices, heavier spring or move the forks back to stock to allow more travel.

Tip of the week: ALWAYS remover the straps allowing the spring to relax once the racing it done!

What he said:thumbsup:

Back