I think I've got it.

newman

Registered
I am so excited. A while ago I put a post up about trouble cornering and how heavy the bike felt, well I managed to to get out on the Busa today after all the bad weather and put in to practice the advice everyone gave to me and it worked a treat. I went over to the car park and practiced turning at slow speeds and found out how stable the Busa is at low speeds which filled me with confidence then I went out on to the streets and the corners I was having trouble with were no problem at all, it was just like riding in the old days, so I would like to thank everyone who gave me advice. I will still take it carefully until I get more practice time in but I feel so much better now. Thank you again.

you gotta crawl before you walk, you gotta walk before you ride, you gotta ride before you turn, you gotta turn before you crash, you gotta crash before you learn:laugh:

You will get the hang of it, practice,practice and more practice!!!:thumbsup:

Glad your getting the hang of it. Please remember braking is the MOST important (and most difficult) skill to work on. Dragging knees in turns isn't that hard to master, but stopping quickly is. Especially on a 500 lb machine with squishy brakes.

IMHO,
Chris

Best of luck brother. It's gonna happen, remember this when it does and you've just pinched a hole in the seat with your sphincter muscle, the bike will go where you look

Glad your getting the hang of it. Please remember braking is the MOST important (and most difficult) skill to work on. Dragging knees in turns isn't that hard to master, but stopping quickly is. Especially on a 500 lb machine with squishy brakes.

IMHO,
Chris

At least get some steel braided brake lines!

IMHO,
Chris

+1, i totally agree, especially if you are not used to a 500 lb beast...

Right on. Probably the best mod one could perform on the beast. Rubber lines are the first thing that goes when I get new bikes.

+100....It's like night and day when you see the car in front of your getting closer and closer because you can't stop in time. I made the mistake of keeping the rubber brake lines 1ce. Never again

wreck 1.jpg

wreck 2.jpg

practice, practice, practice been riding bikes since i was 16 and every time i ride I'm always trying to refine my riding skills:thumbsup:

For those of you complaining about your stock "squishy" brakes, I have never had a problem with my brakes on my genII

Did they fix the brakes on the GENII? I can't see why Suzuki can't put the first class awesome brake system from the BKing on the Busa. If they have not fixed the Busa brakes by 2011, that is a real problem. Let me know if I should complain to Suzuki for selling crappy brakes or if they fixed them on GENII bikes.

For those of you complaining about your stock "squishy" brakes, I have never had a problem with my brakes on my genII

You will have a problem with them if will ride it real hard for a little while in a lot of twisties, Especially like at the dragon trying to follow RacerV and WarbirdII:laugh: They will fade bad and on about your second trip thru it you will just all of a sudden not have any brakes, Be leave me I know.
Also if you do a track day they will get soft in a hurry, Stainless lines are a must

On a busa.... SS lines.... better brake Pads (EBC EXTREMES!).... Radial Master cylinder (Brembo). All 3 really help improve the busa's braking.

Back