I THINK I'VE FOUND MY NEXT VEHICLE

BigDawg_03Busa

Registered
Dodge Charger

I always liked the Dodge Magnum, but the back sort of looked like a Herse to me. The Dodge Charger is one sexy beast.

Charger SRT8
6.1-liter HEMI® V8 engine
425 horsepower, 420 lb-ft of torque
20-inch forged aluminum wheels
Goodyear F1 high-performance tires
Functional hood scoop, front fascia, and rear decklid spoilers

charger_srt.jpg

yeah definitely added to the collection of gas guzzlers LOL. Personally the new mustang can't hold a candle stick to the style IMO.

I also love the charger, actually I like it equally to a 300 with the hemi ,20's, on air ride, chromed front end, black paint, tinted out windows w00t. I only have one problem with the charger....4 door. ugh.

My mom had a dodge Charger when I was little....it was root beer brown with a tan top....I loved it! Of course I was 3 at the time!
biggrin.gif

You can sort of see it in this pic of me and my Godfather.....

Steve_and_me_.jpg

Personally the new mustang can't hold a candle stick to the style IMO.
It can't hold a stick to performance either with the SRT8. I was thinking about the same purchase, I think the Daytona R/T in Mango looks kick butt and the badging hides that 4th door.

Two things for me though, I have to have room to transport stuff, Fire gear, Dive Rescue gear, groceries (haha grocery getter) and the Charger just wouldn't cut it. I love the Magnum and am considering the SRT8 as well. It doesn't appear the SRT's will have the MDS Multi Displacement System to run on 4 cyl's when cruising to cut gas mileage. So this could end up being worse than my 99' Durango 5.9L with posi rear and lower rear-end gears, all factory.

If they come out with a Hemi Cuda I am definitely done for!
laugh.gif

We purchased the 300M Special the last year they were offered. Very happy with it. Went down and sat in the new Charger and boy is it nice. I have always been pro Mopar and this adds to the great vehicle line up. I think you would be very happy with it. My truck eats ford and craps chevy's...
laugh.gif

The only time I strayed from the Mopar was a 2003 Mustang GT, thought the Mustang was fast until we got the 300M Special...... much better car quality and performance (not to mention the additional space)

I owned a 73 Dodge Charger SE in the 80's. Loved the car and was excited when I heard they were brining it back. I was very disapointed when I saw it. I was expecting Dodge would carry some of the heritage (other than just the hemi) over into the new model as Ford did with the 'stang and t'bird. Can't make the connection to the style as a Charger. I guess they were looking at the Omni like Charger when they designed this one.

If they come out with a Hemi Cuda I am definitely done for!
laugh.gif
I think you're safe, then. Unfortunately there isn't gonna be a Cuda, since there is no Plymouth anymore.....
I wouldn't rule it out just because the Plymouth line isn't made anymore. It's still a marketable name that they own.
smile.gif
What's it gonna be? A Dodge Barracuda, or a Chrysler Barracuda? That would be just wrong. It's gotta be a Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda, or it shouldn't be at all.......
But you're right they still own the name unless someone jacks them like Pep Boys did Ford.......

Yeah, I like 'em too...I like the new Mustangs more...but, if someone were givin' Dodge Chargers away, I'd be in line...
tounge.gif

Get one in all black...just plain sexy...
cool.gif

why didn't someone tell the designers they put too many doors on it, though??? Come on...if you are going to poach the nameplate, at least keep it in the same vehicle style. That said...it is a badass four door sedan...but it ain't a "Charger" to those of us old enough to remember.......

my department is looking at the charger for a special units patrol car...traffic, road rage cars etc (unmarked). We've had a test car available for a couple of weeks and I finally got to take her out last Friday. Very comfortable and wicked fast....I was impressed to say the least.

Back