I think I went 200

drizzit

Registered
Hi guys,

I did the LSR event in Mojave california and it was the coolest thing I have ever done. We started from a rolling start of about 40mph and had a little over a mile long distance. I think I went 200mph because of my RPM and gearing. My RPMs were at 10,500 and wouldn't go any higher. My gearing was stock 18/43 with a 190/50 tire. Can anyone help me out on if I hit 200 based on my rpm and gearing.

Thanks,
Jason

Not real sure that you got 200 bumping UP that rear sprocket.
Now if you went 18 or 19 /39 or 38 you would've been DAMN close.

funny thing is the stock gearing on a gen one 17/40=195.2 @10500rpm which is faster then the stock gearing on a gen 2 18/43=192.2 @ 10500rpm
with restriction removed it would net you 192.2 @ 10500rpm
10488 rpm with that tire and gearing = 192 mph

193 not obtainable
Gearing Commander: Motorcycle Gearing Ratio Sprocket RPM Speed Chain Calculator you would need to go up 1 tooth in the front for 202 mph or down two in the rear for 201 mph and I would Imagine you may even need a few more HP to get it there

now up one in front and down 3 in the rear would get you 218.1 mph:whistle: 19/40
and a 21 front with a 40 rear=241.1 with probably 100 more hp and years of experience needed

Last edited:
with restriction removed it would net you 192
10488 rpm with that tire and gearing = 192 mph
192.2 @ 10500
193 not obtainable
Gearing Commander: Motorcycle Gearing Ratio Sprocket RPM Speed Chain Calculator you would need to go up 1 tooth in the front for 202 mph or down two in the rear for 201 mph and I would Imagine you may even need a few more HP to get it there

Yeah I needed more HP for sure. When the tach got to 10500, it wouldn't go any higher in the RPMs even though I was giving it full throttle. It doesn't help that I weigh 235lbs. This winter I plan on putting on a RCC turbo kit, so I should hit 200+ then.

Yeah I needed more HP for sure. When the tach got to 10500, it wouldn't go any higher in the RPMs even though I was giving it full throttle. It doesn't help that I weigh 235lbs. This winter I plan on putting on a RCC turbo kit, so I should hit 200+ then.
if and only if you change the gearing because even with a turbo the bike is gonna fall off @ 10500 rpm as thats where the hard and soft cut are both engaged... now with that being said I have a 18/40 you can try

Last edited:
or you could just flash the ECU and get rid of the soft limiter and push out the hard limiter to 11500. Thats also an option.

Not sure that your going to get more than 190(actual) on a stock unrestricted bike. Gearing changes a lot of things, but you COULD change the gearing to go warp speed too. :laugh:

Speedos are BIG LIARS. GPS is probably your best route for actual, but make sure the range of accuracy is as close as possible. Usually 3-6 foot.

Commuta should be on here soon enough and lay the law down for ya. :thumbsup:

weight wont hurt your top speed (well unless it is out there hangin in the wind).. think you need a bit more gear for 200... was this the "runway" event?

Weight will hurt your top speed ingetting up to speed in a certain distance. Nice run but I would suspect 184mph max. In the mile I would suspect about 179mph. Very nice.

Oh, and as I think it was mentioned. make sure you have speed traps, radar or GPS to determine your speed, so you do not have to guess..

It sure was. It was one of the coolest things I have ever done. :thumbsup: I just hope I get to do it again.

Pics...?

If you don't have the speed limiter removed, I would be surprised if you went over 185mph actual with that RPM. You need to see roughly 11,500 on the tach to get over 190+ on stock gearing...

Pics...?

If you don't have the speed limiter removed, I would be surprised if you went over 185mph actual with that RPM. You need to see roughly 11,500 on the tach to get over 190+ on stock gearing...

I removed the speed limiter with the Greg's (One of the sponsers on here) plug in. It makes the bike think it is in fifth gear when you are in sixth. I don't know how fast I was going, just that I was in sixth and the RPMs wouldn't climb any higher then 10500. I still need to down load the pics from my camera. I will get some up here this weekend.

Were you on pavement or dirt? If you were on dirt - how come you didn't say hello? ;)

10500 with 18/43 on dirt is in the high 170's (on dirt). depends...

My '08 with stock gearing and restrictor removed ran 11,500 at 186 on dirt with about 400 miles on the clock.

It's nice to see somebody put the facts out there, 200's a little harder than most think. Seeins how you seem ta know your stuff, any idea who makes a box to kill the topspeed limiter on an 08, but will still display 6th gear?

Nope, I don't know who makes that (the limiter removal that leaves 6 on the indicator) but it is out there for the '08. I *think* I might have seen it on busanation. I just count when I shift and ignore the 2nd 5.

If I find it again I'll post it up here.

Back