I think i have a suspension problem

USMCBUSA

Freedom Isn't Free
Donating Member
Registered
There is a nice left handed turn followed but a small right hander on my way home from work and I have hit it pretty hard the last two days going home. I am getting a slight wobble or shake in the front end when I am half way through the turn and I am wondering if my suspension is to soft or something. Alittle info to help out. I am usually going around 70 or 80 in the turn (which could be faster but that is comfy). Balls of my feet on the pegs, hands loose on the controls with my arms relaxed and bent. Looking through the curve (kissing the mirror) and I have my body positioned alittle to each side for the turn to keep the bike standing up alittle more. I ca'nt figure out what is making the bike shimmy like that. Any one have any idea's what it might be? sorry for the newby style question but I am mind boggled here.

Are you sure it's not being caused by the road surface? Have you done any tuning on the suspension, or is it still at the stock settings?
rock.gif

The curve has a really nice surface on it for the most part. I will take it alot slower tom and see what it looks like. I have have adjusted the suspension just aliitle on the front the rebound is 3 clicks out and the compression is 8 clicks out.

Unless you weigh under 180#, you should add preload to the springs as well. At 240#, I added 5 rounds (don't know what that equates to on the lines since I have a riser that blocks them) front and 1 1/2 rounds rear. Feels alot more confident in the corners. I used the JINKSTER ATTACKS SUSPENSION post to set mine up.

I find mine wants to follow the ruts in the asphalt caused by the semis in the heat on the heavily traveled roads. On the back roads, it tracks true through the corners at any speed.

I am a light guy for this bike I am about 170 or 175 but I am 6'3" so it fits me good. I have the fron t preload at 5 rounds now and I am not to sure about the rear end I will have to check.

I have hit a few curve other than this one CBX but, I hit this one faster than most because you get a clear few of the road ahead and it is just a great corner but, I haven't really noticed it anywhere else.

Back