I swear it wasn't me Officer (on a lighter note)

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
:whistle: Beside, I've had my eye on the 'bat tower' (the ATT building) since they started putting it up :laugh:

BASE jumpers arrested in downtown Nashville - Local News - Nashville, TN - msnbc.com

BASE jumpers arrested in downtown Nashville

Metro Police arrested a pair of thrill-seekers early Sunday morning. Around 5 A.M. officers responded to a call for assistance from State Troopers who were working security at the Capitol.
2 Men jumped from the downtown Sheraton Hotel, released their parachutes, and safely landed on Legislative Plaza.
A witness tells us it looked like the 2 men were going drop their parachutes quickly and get into a waiting pickup truck, but the officer stopped them before they could leave.
Detectives say the men will face felony reckless endangerment charges.
One of the suspects told our photographer that he and his friend travel the world performing BASE jumps and that what they did Sunday morning in Nashville is no crime.

--------------
The excuse "is no crime" is a half-truth; I doubt there is any law on the books for it, but reckless endangerment, tresspassing, etc. probably works...but I'll bet they never go to jail or even get a fine - the moment they make bail they will skip town.

I never did it but I'm game if you give me a quick lesson.:laugh: Always wanted to dive ever since I lived in CO, just always got sidetracked.

what would really suck is one these idiots landing on some poor guy walking down there with the shoot open or closed.

Should they have done it? No, probably not. But charging them with a felony?!? This from the state where someone can purposely cause a motorcycle crash which kills the innocent rider, then go free after only a few months. I think we have bigger fish to fry than a couple of folks pulling a harmless stunt.

Freaking ridiculous... :banghead:

I never did it but I'm game if you give me a quick lesson.:laugh: Always wanted to dive ever since I lived in CO, just always got sidetracked.

Great drop zone down in Waverly that will be gladd to give you the ride of your life (but let it warm up a little first). I was going to take lankeeyankee down there the other day be we got too late on our ride..

Great drop zone down in Waverly that will be gladd to give you the ride of your life (but let it warm up a little first). I was going to take lankeeyankee down there the other day be we got too late on our ride..

The next 50+ degree plus day giv me a call and we will ride out there:thumbsup:

Back