I sold my Mustang and I cried....

Purple1300

Registered
I sold my baby.... My 99 Mustang GT. It felt like I lost a pet! I had it for 4 years and was the second owner. My brother in law was in town last week and he'd been wanting it and well he offered a price for it which I wouldn't have been able to get if I sold it anywhere else. So I figured why not? For a 10 year old car it was in awesome shape. I took very good care of it. I cried when I watched them drive it down the street and listened to the most awesome sounding exhaust... there's nothing else that sounds as good as a mustang.

Just wondering if anyone else ever cried over their car! :heart-break:

136.jpg

137.jpg

Never kept a car that long, so don't know if I'd cry. On a positive note, think of the extra green you'll have. :thumbsup:

I have "For Sale" signs in my vette right now and I get sick in my gut everytime I look out the window. But I don't drive it anymore and need the money.

Well the Vette is going up for sale too. I'm not crying about that though. It's a ZO6 and it's fast as hell but my Mustang fit me soooo much better. It sat at the right height, everything just fit my reach perfectly and even though it rode a little rough and was loud it was so much fun! Not to mention all the attention one gets riding in it. I'm such a big fan of Mustangs.

Sorry about your vette Trojan! I feel ya pain!!!

So, what are you going to get to replace that car? And, will we see bikini pics with the new car?

I cried when I wraped my Corvetter around a light poll...... fiberglass and polls don't mix. :banghead::cursin:

Make room for the Camaro! Rhonda cried when she gave her Firebird to her Mom and 2 months ago when we sold her Rx8..

Hey wheres Rock?:cheerleader:

The day that I handed the keys over to the new owner of the very first show car that I ever built. It was a '99 Chrysler Sebring with full air ride, custom paint, full audio and video custom installed into the car.

I almost sold my 98 Z28 a few years ago, put the sign in the window and a co-worker called on it. I told him, sorry I just cant part with it. I know how you feel

IMHO Busa more fun than Mustangs and most airplanes. Of course, there's the sound of
a Merlin engine, yum. But I remember when flying lessons were 5$ per hr.

Looks a lot like my 01 white GT aka Whitemare. I've had her since 2002 and will probably keep her until she falls apart.

I would cry! I've had my Tess for 12 years now...second owner and I'll be her last owner. I could never part with her. I love her more than my Busa :)

I am sorry you had to watch her go :(

Purple1300, I know how you feel...I bought a completely stock 83 GT as my first car (in 1994), and just sold it a couple years ago. I was feeling ok about selling it until my mom called me up and reminded me about how much work I put into it and all the fun I had in it...thinking about that made me really sad (and still does). Damn, I miss that car!!!

liechester 059.jpg

Sold my '65 GT to buy an engagement ring. Now divorced and she kept the ring. Live and learn. Think I only cried when my '69 Shelby drove up the street with the new owners tho.

Back