I should have bought a Busa!

CheesyRider

Registered
I bought a 2002 Yamaha FZ1 a couple of months ago.  I thought it would be enough to quench my thirst for speed.  It is not.  The performance below 6000 rpms is somewhat disappointing.  I'm going to do some performance upgrades and if it still doesn't do it for me, I'm gonna just say f**k it and get myself a Busa!

Has anyone here gone from an FZ1 to a Busa?

Why waste more money on upgrading the Yamaha.... just get the Busa!

(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 16 2006,07:07) Why waste more money on upgrading the Yamaha.... just get the Busa!
I guess the only reason I hesitate to get a Busa right away is $$$. To get a half way decent used Busa, I'd probably have to spend about $2000 more than my FZ1. Right now I just have liability insurance and pay about $110 per year. If I get the more expensive Busa, I'd want to get full coverage. Still, it might be worth it. RIght now I'm leaning toward upgrading the FZ1 to tide me over until I have enough money to buy the Busa without my wife killing me. However, perhaps the risk of ending up in the doghouse is worth it!

Welcome Cheesy ! I stay in the dog house , no biggie , except the fleas .
wow.gif

welcome
keep in mind full coverage insurance, though a nice piece of mind it can be lots-o $$$$ for a sport bike. collision is what makes it so expensive

It seems your intent is to upgrade the FZ, regardless of the opinions received. Do that & get the Busa later. Oh, and teach the wife how to ride the FZ.
super.gif

Welcome aboard!

(Poppy @ Sep. 16 2006,11:05) It seems your intent is to upgrade the FZ, regardless of the opinions received. Do that & get the Busa later. Oh, and teach the wife how to ride the FZ.  
super.gif

Welcome aboard!
Yeah, you're right. I just can't swing the extra money for a Hayabusa right now. I'm just gonna have to live with the fact that I'll have Busa envy for the next couple of years.

But since I'm here, I might as well ask a couple of questions:

How often do you have to adjust the valves?

What kind of gas mileage does a Busa get?

Is it possible to keep the front wheel on the ground when accelerating at full throttle?

Are there any mods besides a different windshield and bar risers that people who tour recommend for the Busa?

Could anyone here give me ballpark figure on what full coverage insurance would cost on a 2002 Busa for a 37 year old rider with 18 years of street bike experience and a clean driving record?

Oh, as far as my wife riding the FZ1 goes. It will never happen. I can't even get her to drive a car with a stick shift. Plus, I'm not even sure her feet would touch the ground. But, she has expressed interest in a scooter, so we might get her one of those eventually. Of course that will have to be after I get the Busa. Yeah, I know, I'm a selfish bastard!!

This thread needs pics
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
to the madness

Do whats right for you.

Yeah.....my Mom did last year.
[/Quote]

laugh.gif

Back